IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Hamilton focused on Little 500 victory
5/25/16, 5:27 PM   #1
Kyle Hamilton focused on Little 500 victory
Task Force

KYLE HAMILTON FOCUSED ON LITTLE 500 VICTORY
By Zach Tasker
While most of the racing world will be focused on the 100th running of the greatest spectacle in racing this Sunday, the world’s most prestigious pavement sprint car race will also have a lot of fans attention this Saturday, May 28. The world’s fastest high-banked ¼ mile oval of Anderson Speedway will host the Pay Less Little 500 Presented by UAW-GM for the 68th time.

Race fans in Indiana and across the globe, like usual will be treated to some of the most intense racing competition anywhere with a field stacked full of talent. One driver that will be a threat to win is “The Professor” Kyle Hamilton. The recent Purdue University graduate is once again racing the famed #5 Bob East entry. His rookie year in 2014 he finished a stunning 5th and last year in 2015 he led multiple laps eventually settling for a 3rd position after radio problems complicated his pit stop.

The Danville, Indiana native is looking for a third straight top 5 and to complete his trajectory towards the top of the podium “Reaching victory lane this year will be more difficult than ever. The competition just keeps getting greater and greater. Some of the best pavement open wheel drivers will be in the field gunning for the win and the pace will be faster than ever. Mistake free runs on old tires and flawless pit stops will get me to victory lane. I definitely put a lot of pressure on myself going into the Little 500 but it's a good kind of pressure.”

Hamilton, who has multiple USAC National Midget Series victories has scaled back dramatically his racing schedule the past couple of seasons but is 100% focused on earning a Little 500 crown to rejuvenate his racing career. He went back to his roots earlier this year competing in a USSA American Made Mel Kenyon Midget Series event at Anderson Speedway in April and picked up a win after a thrilling duel with Dameron Taylor. “The sole purpose of running a Kenyon car race at Anderson was to shake the rust off from the winter and get the muscles that are used at Anderson tuned up for race day. Luckily a heated battle turned into a victory giving me some confidence heading into Little 500 week.”

The driver of the #5 Parker Machinery/Klatt Enterprises/Curtis Motor Sales Beast/Gaerte Chevy knows the pressure is on to deliver storied car owner Bob East one of the few races he has yet to put on his list. “The hardest part of being recognized by a highly successful car owner, Bob East, is already done. Now I just have to fall back on my ability as a racer that I've been honing all of my life and work hard to get the #5 car and help Bob get his first Little 500 win”

Pre-race ceremonies begin Saturday at 7pm, Racing is at 8pm, and reserved seating is still available. Contact Anderson Speedway at 765-642-0206 for more information. If you can’t make it you can follow live updates on Twitter @pavementsprints and @andersonspeedwy. The event will be broadcast at a later date TBD on MavTV. To follow Kyle Hamilton and Nick Hamiltons racing career follow “Hamilton Brothers Racing on Twitter.”

Photo credit: Bill Miller
Attached Images
2016 kyle little 500.jpg (11.7 KB, 30 views)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Hamilton focused on Little 500 victory