IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
t_inmyface (Offline)
  #1 3/24/16 8:55 PM
New master cylinder (1" wilwood). New lines (-3) newer calipers(wilwood) Have tried three different ones on rear. Bled master cylinder, gravity bled everything, bled calipers. Have ran four bottles of brake fluid through. Still takes three pumps to get a solid pedal and get the rear to stop. What am i missing here?
mech618 (Offline)
  #2 3/24/16 9:10 PM
Bench bleed your master then put it back on then be sure all of your bleeers are at top when you bleed themm air raises to the top so if your bleeders not on top you wont get the air out
t_inmyface (Offline)
  #3 3/24/16 9:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have already done that
spicoli (Offline)
  #4 3/24/16 9:30 PM
For the front, take the caliper off of the mount, put a spacer between the pads that is the same thickness as the rotor, try to hold the caliper above the master cylinder, then bleed both sides of that caliper.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #5 3/24/16 9:31 PM
Is the master higher or lower than any of the calipers? If it's lower, you need to bleed backwards, if it's higher, just fill the master, crack the bleeders, and sit for about 5 minutes, and it should be OK, you may have to take the front's off, and lay them down. I mounted my reservoir on the panel above the motorplate, and hosed down to the master. Where my reservoir is, it is higher than any of the calipers! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
t_inmyface (Offline)
  #6 3/24/16 9:41 PM
Okay i will try that for front. Calipers are lower.
t_inmyface (Offline)
  #7 3/24/16 9:44 PM
Besides the first few times i never get any air out of the calipers either its full fluid
TQ29m (Offline)
  #8 3/24/16 10:07 PM
If you have any doubts, hook up a squeeze bottle and a PC of hose, and push the fluid through the calipers and master to the reservoir! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Go Fast (Offline)
  #9 3/24/16 10:24 PM
Wilwood master cylinders are hard to get bled. You have to make sure it returns all the way out on each pump when bleeding it and bleeding the rest of the system.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
4J Motorsports (Offline)
  #10 3/24/16 10:26 PM
Do you have enough travel in your pedal , some guys want to get the pedal away from the seat , it shortens the stroke to much , won't allow for enough fluid to transfer .

J.D. Ottinger