IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How many had problems with Lucas Oil TV Feed
1/17/16, 4:00 PM   #1
How many had problems with Lucas Oil TV Feed
vyper

Watched Chilli Bowl via internet on Lucas Oil Tv and the feed was horrid been watching prelim stuff for 5 days on racin boys with issues on Tuesday night only then their feed was pretty much trouble free. Lucas sucked from the minute we switched over at 7:30! Had to restart browser many times as it flat locked up. Other friends in southern Il had trouble as well as north central Indiana.

If you had troubles let us know just maybe they will see the bad feedback and make sure they have their stuff working right or ask Racin Boys to do it for them......

1/17/16, 4:20 PM   #2
BURG FAN 88

I sent MavTV a message about connection issues and they responded in 15 min saying that they fixed it and it worked fine after that. Iam running 1gig on fiber and had a speed test of 877 mbps so I knew it was not on my end.

1/17/16, 5:03 PM   #3
Re: How many had problems with Lucas Oil TV Feed
chop

I watch the Racin Boys and Lucas Oil tv feeds. Only real problem I had with the Racing Boys was when I first log in/ start the feed each night. The problem I had as a beeping-pong sound that went away after a few minutes. (other then the quality of the guys talking each night)
The Lucas feed was bad. When they showed film clips or commercials if seem to work ok. Every time they showed live racing it seem to be jerky, stop and go with some type or redoing a few sec over before jumping ahead. I tried to refresh- log out and log back into the site. They can feel free to give me it free for next year to make up for it. It would look like I paid $60 to watch a bunch of taped show from last years broadcast and the bad bowl coverage.

1/17/16, 5:07 PM   #4
popham

The A feature was the only race that worked ok for me, all the other races constantly paused to load. I sent a message and got a reply back that I could watch replays at a later date and that they had lots of other races on there for me to watch. The answers I got last night was not what I wanted to here. Took me a couple days to get signed up due to problems on there end working with Apple products, I was getting 5 mbps speed, sure hope they get there problems worked out. There having problems streaming the live stuff the recorded races seem ok.

1/17/16, 5:26 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Happens every time more bandwith is needed than alotted. If they planned for ten thousand to watch and 25 thousand log in, Just about every stream I've ever tried has done that at some point.

The main reason I refuse to buy either Racing boys or the Chili bowl feed 1. The Racin Boys don't know half the racers like Klepper does and half the time they're talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the actual race on the track.

Two, Whoever does the cam switching should have been fired long ago.
I did watch the race with a friend on LucasTV stream.
THEY COMPLETELY MISSED THE PASS FOR THE LEAD LIVE and had to go back to replays from other cams. The four camera angles per laps doesn't work on a super short track. I've seen much better one man one camera streams.
And yes, The only ACTUAL Race we got to watch that wasn't jerking around, going double speed or totally kicking us off was the A main.

1/17/16, 6:11 PM   #6
popham

TJ Slideways has an article from the guy who helped me get set with the Lucas Oil TV, he was pretty helpful on that part. Seems like they have some pretty big plans, if you look at the devices there planning on using most are still in development. Looks to me like this all came together real quick and I'm sure it will be good when it all works. One thing for sure, it was a lot simpler to turn on MavTv on dish when they were still together, but that's another story.

1/17/16, 6:18 PM   #7
Jesse B

Same problems everyone else had with Lucas oil racing tv. Marginal until before the A Main, then fine. Glad to know it wasn't my connection. Sounds like Lucadoilracing.tv wasn't up to speed on their end.
Last edited by Jesse B; 1/18/16 at 8:16 AM.

1/17/16, 6:23 PM   #8
TKRacing

Everything worked fine for both Cs then had a couple issues with the second B. Sent an email with a quick response saying to refresh my page. After that everything worked perfect for the feature. Not sure you can blame it all on Lucas Oil TV. It sounds like there were lots of different issues. I feel like some where a problem on the Lucas side and others were issues from people having older computers or slower internet connection. Streaming HD like that requires a good graphics card and refresh rate as well as a fast internet connection. I have 75 mbps through Comcast and had no issues except for the one issue where all I had to do was refresh my page.

1/17/16, 6:31 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

We switched Browsers from firefox to Chrome after the C's and that got rid of our end problems but the whole B mains were total their fault and they said so in email. They got going good for the week recap and A's Not a total loss We did get to see the main event with no problems.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/17/16 at 6:35 PM.

1/17/16, 6:44 PM   #10
bigq11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
I watch the Racin Boys and Lucas Oil tv feeds. Only real problem I had with the Racing Boys was when I first log in/ start the feed each night. The problem I had as a beeping-pong sound that went away after a few minutes. (other then the quality of the guys talking each night)
The Lucas feed was bad. When they showed film clips or commercials if seem to work ok. Every time they showed live racing it seem to be jerky, stop and go with some type or redoing a few sec over before jumping ahead. I tried to refresh- log out and log back into the site. They can feel free to give me it free for next year to make up for it. It would look like I paid $60 to watch a bunch of taped show from last years broadcast and the bad bowl coverage.
Didn't watch the Racin Boys, but had all the rest of the problems as you. Ran a speed test during all the problems and was over 10 mbps. Got so tired of logging out, refreshing, resetting, even restarted the computer and finally just went back to football. It was only the live feed. All the other recorded shows are perfect. Going to E-mail them tomorrow. I feel we deserve some kind of adjustment on the cost or length of the subscription.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How many had problems with Lucas Oil TV Feed