IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Oct. 17 usac sprint car event at kentucky lake cancell
9/24/15, 4:30 PM   #1
Usac: Oct. 17 usac sprint car event at kentucky lake cancell
admin

9/24/15 4:13 PM OCT. 17 USAC SPRINT CAR EVENT AT KENTUCKY LAKE CANCELLED

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...lake-cancelled

OCT. 17 USAC SPRINT CAR EVENT AT KENTUCKY LAKE CANCELLED

The USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car Series event scheduled for October 17 at Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.

With the extension of the Interstate 69 project, the state of Kentucky has levied eminent domain against the track in Calvert City, Kentucky, which will be permanently shut down.

The 3/8 mile, high-banked dirt track was to host the USAC AMSOIL Sprint Cars for the very first time and was to mark the series’ first visit to the state of Kentucky since 1999.

Track owner Ronnie Jones, who purchased the facility in 2013, was excited about the USAC Sprint Cars’ first visit to his facility, but despite their best efforts, the event will not be held.

9/24/15, 5:15 PM   #2
i love dirt track racing

Would be great to have a local track to try picking up this event with kokomo running the klash on friday and no sprint cars racing Saturday night would be a nice little gift for us race fans. Just thinking out loud. Lol.

5 members like this post: dirt330, Indy1808, jim goerge, stealth43k, WinglessLovers
9/24/15, 9:20 PM   #3
Re: Usac: Oct. 17 usac sprint car event at kentucky lake can
cowboyhar69

https://kylakespeedway.com/2015/09/2...se-operations/

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

9/24/15, 9:48 PM   #4
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Would be great to have a local track to try picking up this event with kokomo running the klash on friday and no sprint cars racing Saturday night would be a nice little gift for us race fans. Just thinking out loud. Lol.
Great idea!! With many non wing sprint cars in the area for the Kokomo Klash on Friday so why not try a USAC or non sanctioned show at Waynesfield or Montpelier, IN for Saturday the 17th. Could be a money maker if the sanction fee wasn't so high. Maybe the weather god will smile on us this weekend in mid October. Regardless, I will see you at Kokomo!

Thinking outloud as well...If BOSS rains out at Fremont or Eldora in October could they reschedule Saturday, 17th?? My brain hurts from thinking too much.
Last edited by Will Shunk; 9/24/15 at 10:04 PM.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Indy1808
9/24/15, 10:57 PM   #5

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

-
Last edited by Points; 9/24/15 at 11:02 PM.

9/24/15, 10:58 PM   #6

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

"With the extension of the Interstate 69 project, the state of Kentucky has levied eminent domain against the track in Calvert City, Kentucky, which will be permanently shut down."

Have seen this track from the highway and thought it look like a cool track. Never been to but that sucks.. Not cool when tracks close for good.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/24/15, 11:45 PM   #7
ryan84

Its BS if you ask me that the state can do this. Atleast let them finish their season. I knew I hated Kentucky

3 members like this post: bmemmer, JCC, tubemaster
9/25/15, 12:19 AM   #8
openwheelfan1

This whole thing was brought on by the need to rework the interchange from I-24 to I-69/Purchase Parkway. The original plan for the revised interchange, which was in place when the track was purchased in later 2013 was going to require the relocation of the pits to the S and E of their current location, but was not going to affect the track nor any of the physical buildings. HOWEVER, the public rejected the original proposed plan because it would have completely cut off access to nearby Calvert City. The revised plan which was decided upon by the state early this year for all intents and purposes puts the interchange up against the turn 4 fence.

It is very sad because the owners worked very hard to bring a track back that had been abandoned by the previous owner. Lord knows they had made some mistakes, and as I had related on a previous post, the economy down here SUCKS, so their timing was tough. Any time a track goes away, for any reason, it is not a good day!

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
9/25/15, 5:16 AM   #9
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan84 View Post
Its BS if you ask me that the state can do this. Atleast let them finish their season. I knew I hated Kentucky
It's too bad the only thing going on in your state is great racing. Colts are 0-2, IU basketball/football are not good. Come on over across the Ohio how about we play a little round ball.

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
9/25/15, 5:49 AM   #10
tubemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
It's too bad the only thing going on in your state is great racing. Colts are 0-2, IU basketball/football are not good. Come on over across the Ohio how about we play a little round ball.
You could come to Assembly Hall and play, oh wait Calipari won't come back after losing in 2011 while ranked # 1.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Oct. 17 usac sprint car event at kentucky lake cancell