IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
buysse1 (Offline)
  #1 7/8/15 8:34 PM
I am going to be traveling a good distance to come to the first 3 days of sprint week. I am wondering what the weather looks like before I Leave tomorrow.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #2 7/8/15 10:33 PM
This is Indiana. The weather changes every 5 minutes
davidm (Offline)
  #3 7/8/15 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
This is Indiana. The weather changes every 5 minutes
Kind of like last friday.
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #4 7/9/15 12:59 AM
We don't know anymore than the weather services. Check NOAA and other sites for the best guess.
FrankR63 (Offline)
  #5 7/9/15 9:10 AM
Weather, ya…..I head to IN. from MI. as often as possible and unless it has been raining for a few days and there is zero chance of it stopping, I go. For the most part this has worked out to the good way more than to the bad. Heading to the 1st 3, then perhaps more at the tail end and the weather is immaterial to me. If you were to hedge and miss out on IN-SW you would be kicking yourself for a year or better.
My advice – JUST DO IT!
It is Christmas time in Indiana – Finally!
5 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Indy1808, jim goerge, mtek56, speed bump
4th turn fan (Offline)
  #6 7/9/15 10:09 AM
As of this morning,, rain mainly staying to south of I 70. Gas City / Kokomo looking good ( as of now ).
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Indy1808, jim goerge
har59 (Offline)
  #7 7/10/15 1:37 AM
Bam chase llc is an Indiana based weather forcaster
Being im in Cincinnati i have been relying on their future cast and their pretty spot on...
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, RACrappieman
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #8 7/10/15 2:47 AM
Originally Posted by har59:
Bam chase llc is an Indiana based weather forcaster
Being im in Cincinnati i have been relying on their future cast and their pretty spot on...
Bam Chase is who the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indiana State Fair, and others use for weather prediction, and I agree they are usually on the money.
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #9 7/10/15 3:55 AM
Just like always I've paid my money and made the choice. Boarded my big bird in London, England yesterday. Landed yesterday in Chicago. Now awake at 03:53 despite a 27+ hour straight day (Don't you just love time zones and jet lag)
The rest is out of my hands.
But risk missing Sprint Week? Not on your Nelly.

See y'all later today

UK USAC fan.
22 Likes: bcataldi, Bill Angel, BrentTFunk, chase1989, cmakin, coachmeece, davidm, Flatrightrear, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, luckybuc97, MacTexas, mc/rider, mowerman, NEMA88, Panama, racefan20, racing2bwithu2, speed bump, Stealth87, WinglessLovers
cmakin (Offline)
  #10 7/10/15 8:12 AM
Yeah, you can't worry about the weather. I have been shooting ISW since '08 and you just take the good with the bad. I also drive a good way (from Southeast Texas), so rain outs REALLY suck. . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge