IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Hamilton aiming for victory at Iowa Speedway
6/18/15, 12:52 AM   #1
Kyle Hamilton aiming for victory at Iowa Speedway
Task Force

KYLE HAMILTON AIMING FOR VICTORY AT IOWA SPEEDWAY
By Zach Tasker

After a few weeks off the thunderous roar of the USAC Silver Crown Series kicks back into action this Saturday June 20 in corn country at the Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa with another strong field of contenders expected to be in attendance. The 7/8-mile paved oval sees lightning fast speeds and has seen multiple USAC races since its opening in 2006.

Danville, Indiana driver Kyle Hamilton is looking to get back into the swing of USAC Silver Crown Series competition. He started the season with the opening race at Toledo Speedway in Ohio on May 1. After a promising start to the night with a fast car in practice and qualifying, “The Professor” would have a mechanical DNF early in the race. The 6R/Hamilton racing team has been hard at work all week to make sure the car is ready to go the distance this time around.

Hamilton is looking forward to this event as he has many laps at Iowa Speedway in a national midget “Iowa speedway is one of the coolest races on the schedule because, to me, silver crown cars belong on big, nice facilities like Iowa. You definitely feel the speed there and I am excited to get back out on a big track after several short track races. The bump in turn two was definitely a factor in the midget, but it has been several years since I've been there so I will have to readjust to the bump. The crown cars are a lot longer so I don't see the bump being as big of an issue compared to a midget. I am confident that I can run up front if we can get our mechanical issues solved. I've run up front in almost any other type of car and I think I can have similar results in a silver crown car.”

The driver of the #33 Jet Star/Curtis Motor Sales/Simpson Racing/Advanced Racing Suspensions Beast/TRD Toyota is still riding a high from a 3rd place finish in the prestigious little 500 on Memorial Day weekend at Anderson Speedway. “The Little 500 podium finish was mainly a reminder to me that I can compete with the best. If I can get our equipment prepared properly for Iowa, we can also finish up front there.”

The Casey’s General Stores 100 will get underway at 2 pm on Saturday. Practice is at 10 am with qualifying at 12:30 pm. For ticket info visit www.iowaspeedway.com, for live updates on Kyles progress during Saturdays action in corn country like Kyle Hamilton Racing on Facebook.
Attached Images
kh shop.jpg (76.7 KB, 22 views)

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, JessicaJ
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Hamilton aiming for victory at Iowa Speedway