IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bobbyd (Offline)
  #1 9/23/14 2:31 PM
I-35 Speedway Winston, MO and the Midwest Lightning Sprints are proud to announce the 1st annual Octoberfest Nationals on Oct 10th & 11th.

The 2 nites of racing will feature the One Off Graphix 11th USOMA Lightning Sprint Nationals, Octoberfest Nonwing Sprintcar Showdown and the Octoberfest Modlite Spectacular. A new class of car, Bat Wings will also race both nites.

The USOMA Lightning Sprint Nationals pays $ 1000 to win and $ 300 to start the A Main Sat nite. Non qualifiers in the B mains will be paid a minimum of $ 100. The top 25 in Passing points and finish position points for Fri nites qualifying will be paid.

The Nonwing Sprintcar Showdown will pay $ 1000 to win each nite and $ 100 to start the A Main. B main cars will be paid a minimum of $ 75.

The Modlite Spectacular pays $ 500 to win each nite and $ 40 to start the A main.

You can find entry blanks, rules, and payout for each class at www.rodendsupply.com. Just click on the USOMA Poster

Entry, rules and payout for the 11 USOMA Nationals can also be found at www.midwestlightningsprints.com .

Track info at www.i-35speedway.net .

If you have any questions contact:

bobdouglasmols@rodendsupply.com or 913-522-5378
m_oskvig@hotmail.com or 816-898-6978
DAD (Offline)
  #2 9/23/14 5:23 PM
Bobby

Is that all of your rules? I could print them up on a 3 x 5. I like that.

Honest Dad himself
bn kleen (Offline)
  #3 9/23/14 5:31 PM
Dad
I also like simple rules. good thing is almost all the lightning sprint series are going with the same engine rules. That makes it easier for guys to run one off events.
DAD (Offline)
  #4 9/23/14 5:48 PM
Bn

I think we put to much importance on the motor. We started out as 1200cc race cars because that what was available at the time they were conceived. Times change and so do motors and popular motor sizes that are available to the racer. We don't tell the manufactures what they are going to build next year, some market research guy has that job, and I bet he doesn't even include race cars in his formula. There are still a very few of them old 1200cc cars still wanting to race, I hate to rule them out. That is kinda of like telling your Grand Pa he isn't welcome at your Thanksgiving Table.

There are several other classes out there that have fallen on hard time that need a place to race also, most of them are really not as fast as a 1000cc Midget. What comes to mind are the Focus Midgets, the Echo tec Midget, the Kenyon Midget, and even some 15 year old Full Midgets. These are safe reliable race cars that would be great for beginners and Sportsman racers which most of us are. Why not make room for them at our races, when their old motor Lays Down, and they having had so much fun racing, I would bet they go out and buy a 1000cc motor to get more competitive.

Honest Dad himself
bn kleen (Offline)
  #5 9/23/14 6:07 PM
Dad
Set up wins more races than motor. I see down in Florida there's a midget series that allows 1000cc cars. Don't all the midgets you named have starters? If not I could see some long nights like they have with TQ's (spin & wait for a push truck).
DAD (Offline)
  #6 9/24/14 8:08 AM
Bn

Some of those cars would require a push truck but would one or two cars take that much time out of the race. I truly like the "Sportsman Midget as proposed by Montpelier. Keep your race car on the race track and not in some old cold dusty garage.

Race cars are for racing and not for show, we need to get these guys back racing.

Honest Dad himself
DAD (Offline)
  #7 9/24/14 8:15 AM
Now

My next question????

Will MALS have a representative team at both Winston Mo. and Haubstadt In. since both races share the same race date???

Honest Dad himself
El1teBr33ze (Offline)
  #8 9/24/14 8:43 AM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Now

My next question????

Will MALS have a representative team at both Winston Mo. and Haubstadt In. since both races share the same race date???

Honest Dad himself
Dad - I-35 is a Midwest Lightning Sprints race. Haubstadt is a Mid-America Lightning Sprints race. I'm guessing MLS cars won't show up to Haubstadt as MALS cars won't show up to Winston. That's how it's always been.
DAD (Offline)
  #9 9/24/14 9:13 AM
Elite

And "USOMA" is?

Decisions Decisions>>>so many races>>>so little time>>>Entry fees vs Pay Outs vs Fuel Cost vs Lodging and food divided chances of success? Outlaws had to make those decisions all the time.

Honest Dad himself
El1teBr33ze (Offline)
  #10 9/24/14 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by DAD:

And "USOMA" is?
HAHA! I asked myself the same question. I won't even begin to take guesses.