IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg’s “fall nationals” saturday
9/22/14, 7:00 PM   #1
Usac: Lawrenceburg’s “fall nationals” saturday
admin

9/22/14 6:02 PM LAWRENCEBURG’S “FALL NATIONALS” SATURDAY

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...onals-saturday

LAWRENCEBURG’S “FALL NATIONALS” SATURDAY;

LATE-RACE CHARGE EARNS BACON “4-CROWN” VICTORY

This Saturday’s “City of Lawrenceburg Fall Nationals” at the Lawrenceburg (Ind.) Speedway finds a three-way battle for the AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car series point lead before the series heads west for its traditional closers in California and Arizona. The Lawenceburg race is co-sanctioned by MSCS.

Brady Bacon of Broken Arrow, Okla. extended his lead to 51 points with Sunday’s 30-lap “4-Crown Nationals” victory at the Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio. Bryan Clauson vaulted past Dave Darland into the runner-up point spot after his second-place finish. Darland managed a 13th-place finish despite enduring a disappointing weekend which featured a “back-up” car and no qualifying time that relegated him to the last starting spot in the feature.

Bacon’s victory in the Mean Green/Lykins Oil Triple X/Stanton Mopar was a USAC record 85th in National competition for the Dynamics, Inc. team.

Justin Grant took third in Sunday’s race which had been postponed from Saturday following an interruption during the proceedings due to rain. Tracy Hines was fourth at the checkered flag ahead of Hunter Schuerenberg.

The weekend featured eight Sprint car flips but no driver injuries. The final flip involved Robert Ballou, who had led the first 27 laps of the race before tangling with Clauson after losing the lead to Bacon.

Darland’s deficit to leader Bacon has grown to 56 points as he slipped five points behind Clauson in the new standings.

Justin Grant, who sits seventh in the latest standings, won the April race at Lawrenceburg.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, FishBurger, LUCKYONE, mc/rider
9/22/14, 8:02 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg’s “fall nationals” saturday
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Right now the Forecast is looking great. 80*-55*
All three of USAC's top guys have proven tough at Lawrenceburg but so are Ballou and Grant, Stanbrough and Several others. Boespflug in the 5 will be tough, TMez if he has a ride has several wins. Jac Haudenschild said he's racing, If he's comfortable in the car. WATCH OUT! Tough as nails.

The Spring race was epic. The Midget Week Sprint portion was unbelievable. Who will win the LBurg Nationals?

Also Dave is Putting on a Sunday Funday of practice and grill out on the back straight Noon til 4 for a fundraiser for Pit Stewart John Simpson who bounced back from a heart attack mid season and has some massive bills. 5 dollars back straight entry. 15 dollars for pits. All Classes of Race car and even vintage. Selling lap rides in pace truck Think the Turn Two Grll will be open.

Should be a great weekend of USAC and a funday end of season day to help a guy who loves racing.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/22/14 at 8:04 PM.

4 members like this post: dirt330, EBookerFan, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97
9/23/14, 2:45 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Id like to know how this race is Co-Sanctioned by MSCS when MSCS scheduled a race for Tri State the same night. Think the Author should do some fact checking.

9/23/14, 2:53 PM   #4
on_the_edge

Used to be but the past couple years it hasn't been. Someone had a typo in their article.

9/23/14, 8:51 PM   #5
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Id like to know how this race is Co-Sanctioned by MSCS when MSCS scheduled a race for Tri State the same night. Think the Author should do some fact checking.
He might of made a error. Mscs is at tss.thanks.

9/23/14, 9:05 PM   #6
Nate

I'll be in Louisville for a football game, wish the game started sooner and the racing an hour or so later and I'd have made the trip. Good racing in store for those lucky enough to be in attendance.

9/23/14, 9:13 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
I'll be in Louisville for a football game, wish the game started sooner and the racing an hour or so later and I'd have made the trip. Good racing in store for those lucky enough to be in attendance.
TSS is a hour behind Louisville and a a little over a hour away.

9/23/14, 9:28 PM   #8
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
TSS is a hour behind Louisville and a a little over a hour away.
I thought about that route too, the game doesn't start until 3:30 though. Would depend on the length of the game and how easy it is getting out of there. Will def keep it in mind though. TSS is somewhere I have never visited but definitely a bucket list track for me.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
9/23/14, 9:58 PM   #9
bzneil

Don't forget the VARC Vintage cars will be on hand also. They will be on display by the front entrance and have a couple of on track displays.

9/23/14, 10:03 PM   #10
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Leave Louisville at4:30 arrive in Haubstadt at 4:45

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg’s “fall nationals” saturday