IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 3 day event at Tri-State Speedway at Haubstadt
7/25/14, 12:14 PM   #1
3 day event at Tri-State Speedway at Haubstadt
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

With Kokomo Smackdown just a little less than a month away. This is a great 3 day event that Kokomo Speedway and USAC put on in August. Kokomo Speedway is a great track and the racing is great. Tri-State Speedway is an awesome track in southern Indiana and would be a perfect venue to have a great 3 day event like Smackdown. I for one love the 3 day or more events because I can drive to the track and stay in the area. Rather than drive all over the state each week to attend weekly shows. Gas isn't cheap anymore. The Class Track is just that ran with Class. Kokomo is far for many of us to drive up there and for a 3 day event like Smackdown we don't mind. Tri-State speedway is the same way for most of us race fans it can be a long drive. I think a 3 day event at Tri- State would really be awesome!!

7/25/14, 12:20 PM   #2
PAW

Tell Tommy put it on.We will come!

7/25/14, 1:42 PM   #3
rclaridge

I've heard rumors but wouldn't hold my breath, Tommy's to busy in the fields, but I love the idea!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/25/14, 2:56 PM   #4
on_the_edge

Could we stand people complaining about the tractors 3 days in a row? Lol... But on a serious note sounds like a great idea to me.

7/25/14, 3:00 PM   #5
Re: 3 day event at Tri-State Speedway at Haubstadt
jim goerge

Years ago Tom;s Dad Ed ran a couple of 2 days shows late in late Sept. I;m thinking One was a sprint weekend and the other a late model. Thinking they time trialed on Friday night and ran heats and the the A;s on Saturday night. They were 15 lap heats and a 100 lap feature I am pretty sure Shane Cockrums dad Cliff won one maybe a couple as he was always tough in those kind of races hell he was tough in any race I also remember one feature a car backed in to the guardrail and burst in to flames and rolled into the infieid were they pitted and Chuck Amati threw a bear hug on the driver and got him out of car (Chuck had dropped out earlier) Remember a pavement late models from Rockford won once only cuz he had a windshield on the car and I think pavement tires cuz track got blue grooved during those long races . Hard to remember all the stuff cuz of age lol I;m sure the beer had nothing to do with it

4 members like this post: fish, Great Scott, groove grabber, scottyCbus
7/25/14, 3:13 PM   #6
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Maybe some combination of sprints and midgets

7/25/14, 4:25 PM   #7
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

OMG YES YES YES!!!!!! 2day or 3 day at TSS sprints and midgets count me in!!!!! 5 hr drive and no time change !!!!!!!! I know you indianians love Kokomo but personally I think TSS is miles ahead of it as far as racing and facilities. Please someone put this together !!!!

7 members like this post: back it in, billw, mc/rider, racenut69, rclaridge, rdzsprint, scottyCbus
7/25/14, 7:18 PM   #8
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
OMG YES YES YES!!!!!! 2day or 3 day at TSS sprints and midgets count me in!!!!! 5 hr drive and no time change !!!!!!!! I know you indianians love Kokomo but personally I think TSS is miles ahead of it as far as racing and facilities. Please someone put this together !!!!
I don't disagree with you,especially on the facilities and carry in policies, but please let's not start this debate again!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/25/14, 7:29 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

If it made business sense for Tommy to put on a multi-day event like this, I think he would. But just because a number of people say how cool something would be, doesn't mean that it would be a successful event. Smackdown is a great event. At a great track. Not that far from Indianapolis, where a ton of race fans are. And both Smackdowns have had good crowds, but neither have drawn what an event of that magnitude deserves. There should be standing room only on main event night, for this race. Race fans need to reward the promoters that put on marquee events like this and there will be more of them.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/25/14 at 7:31 PM.

7/25/14, 8:10 PM   #10
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I'm sorry I wasn't aware of a previous debate nor was I trying to start one. I was merely stating my opinion on the choice for me . I'm prolly in the minority here but the night I was at Kokomo for midget week it was a dustbowl ! I'm looking forward to giving them another chance . I'm a completely unknowlegdeable idiot when it comes to how to prep a track and I know they did the best they possibly could. I also thought the bleachers were extremely tight and in need of replacement. I'm still going back , but given the choice of spending 3 days in the fine state of indiana , I'd pick TSS or lawrenceburg ,or Bloomington

2 members like this post: billw, rclaridge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 3 day event at Tri-State Speedway at Haubstadt