IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
zeromotorsports (Offline)
  #1 5/8/14 9:09 PM
Any update on the weather? If fri gets canceled will they post pone it till sunday?
ernart3 (Offline)
  #2 5/8/14 9:10 PM
I just read it's canceled
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #3 5/8/14 10:25 PM
Per the USAC website and FB page it has been cancelled.
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #4 5/9/14 7:50 AM
Time to bring it back to Indiana where it belongs. Clearly God wants it run in Indiana. ☺️

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
7 Likes: addictedtodirt, Dirtfan, ossuks, PAW, Photochick, racing2bwithu2, Red Hat
PAW (Offline)
  #5 5/9/14 8:00 AM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
Time to bring it back to Indiana where it belongs. Clearly God wants it run in Indiana. ☺️
Either that or change the name to the Pontoon 100.

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #6 5/9/14 8:33 AM
This is the same stuff that gets started every year. I guarantee both of you that the Terre Haute Action Track means as much or more to me, than it means to you. I grew up in that infield and other than the 4 years I was in the military, this is where I've lived my entire life. It's not "the man" or the powers that be that decided the Hut Hundred would no longer be run at this place. It's the marketplace. The drivers and the fans had both stopped supporting this event BEFORE it was removed from it's traditional venue. In fact, going to the last handful of Hut Hundreds were like watching it die a slow death.

I for one am glad to see them having an event that honors the memory of this great race. And if they're going to have it, they may as well have it in an area that enthusiastically supports midget racing with both fan attendance and driver participation. And Illinois is the midget capital, at this current time. And midgets kick ass on this track. And the track has a great promoter, in Kevin Gundaker.

Bottom line, I'd like to see a day when the Hut Hundred can be run at the Terre Haute Action Track, again. But until that day, it's in great hands and is being ran at one of the great midget venues in this country. If you've ever been to the Gold Crown, you know what I'm talkin about.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
22 Likes: billwill7, BrentTFunk, dirt330, dirtfan24, El1teBr33ze, FishBurger, Jonr, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Midwest Connection, miledirt, PJ Wright, racenut69, Red Hat, Robbie, ronmil, speed bump, SpfldMile, Steve Wendel, Tom23, Ty
El1teBr33ze (Offline)
  #7 5/9/14 10:22 AM
I'm never one to criticize, but it's not settling right that Belle-Clair is running their regular show tonight 30 minutes from Tri-City. They posted they only received 1/4" of rain.
3 Likes: koolaid89, luckybuc97, PAW
luckybuc97 (Offline)
  #8 5/9/14 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by El1teBr33ze:
I'm never one to criticize, but it's not settling right that Belle-Clair is running their regular show tonight 30 minutes from Tri-City. They posted they only received 1/4" of rain.
30 minutes or 2 miles can be a big difference in rainfall amounts, but in this case it was not. The St Louis news weather man on Fox 2 just said a quick shower this morning and nice weather this afternoon & evening. Hope everyone finds a good race to enjoy tonight and be safe. Belle-Vegas Tomorrow night.

Rick Roth
Ty (Offline)
  #9 5/9/14 10:59 AM
I'd like to see the Hut 100 back at Haubstadt. Perfect sized midget track
2 Likes: coachmeece, mc/rider
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #10 5/9/14 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ty:
I'd like to see the Hut 100 back at Haubstadt. Perfect sized midget track
But the fans didn't support it when it was there, Ty. If they did, it would still be there. Good or bad, a lot of Indiana is sprint car territory and they just don't get as excited about midgets as they do over there in Illinois. Not in the droves like they need to support a successful event.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: El1teBr33ze, Steve Wendel