IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
team3521 (Offline)
  #1 4/7/14 4:11 PM
Kyle Larson 5th in the Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway.
Way to go Kyle! He's proving he does belong at that level and I think most of us on the board knew it all a long!
21 Likes: billwill7, Black Deuce, Bobv, cwfan08, davidm, dirt330, FHeinz15h, Gregg, Jerry Shaw, jerrydt, jim goerge, larsonfan, leftturnonly, luckybuc97, mtek56, Puppy, racenut69, racer65, rachasin, racing2bwithu2, Shawn Harper
TQ29m (Offline)
  #2 4/7/14 5:27 PM
The late great Chet Atkins had a favorite name for good guitar pickers, he called them CGP, certified guitar pickers, I guess we could call Larson a certified race car driver! CRCD! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
4 Likes: dirt330, Puppy, racenut69, zeromotorsports
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #3 4/7/14 8:33 PM
Kyle was never going to be a permanent fixture in sprints & midgets, and as much as we would love to have seen him make a home on our beloved bullrings, we have to understand his dreams and desires and wish him Godspeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmqEJxRkTHo

Bob Nikkel
Action Tracker (Offline)
  #4 4/7/14 8:53 PM
It was a blast watching this young man wheel a midget...I guess I'll tune in for NASCAR races as long as my mute button still works.
6 Likes: Gregg, Mud Packer, Phylo82, Puppy, TheMick, TQ29m
Quantrill (Offline)
  #5 4/7/14 10:40 PM
I see him going to F-1 in the near future
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #6 4/7/14 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Quantrill:
For Gene Haas' (Stewart) new F-1 team! USA, USA, USA......
4 Likes: FHeinz15h, groove grabber, Puppy, racenut69
larsonfan (Offline)
  #7 4/8/14 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Quantrill:
I hope not!
Pine (Offline)
  #8 4/8/14 2:11 PM
Being that I don't watch NASCAR or F1, I hope Kyle goes wherever he can make a boatload of money to field a 1 or 2 car Sprint car team for years to come!!! I tried watching Yesterday and figured out, it will take more than Kyle for me to watch that kind of racing !!! Go gettem' Yung 💵
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 4/8/14 5:58 PM
I seen several post last year that it was too soon, he isn't ready, He hasn't paid his dues etc.

The kid jumped in a coil over sprinter that basically hardly anyone could drive competitively anymore and won two ultimate challenges, a four crown and finished second in another ultimate challenge with a four bar car. The Three crowns he won, he'd never even been to Eldora before. Won a preliminary Knoxville night with a primarily Non Wing crew. etc. etc.

I think even in NASCAR his ability hasn't been reached and a ton of Nascar Indycar is the team behind you. Its testing programs, R&D, Pit Crew and Crew Chief making the right calls at the right times.

Yung Money only needed time to be able to learn how to communicate what the car is doing in terms a crew chief could translate into what the car needed. Now he's a front runner in Nascar's top division.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, luckybuc97, racenut69, team3521
65 Push Truck (Offline)
  #10 4/9/14 8:36 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I seen several post last year that it was too soon, he isn't ready, He hasn't paid his dues etc.

The kid jumped in a coil over sprinter that basically hardly anyone could drive competitively anymore and won two ultimate challenges, a four crown and finished second in another ultimate challenge with a four bar car. The Three crowns he won, he'd never even been to Eldora before. Won a preliminary Knoxville night with a primarily Non Wing crew. etc. etc.

I think even in NASCAR his ability hasn't been reached and a ton of Nascar Indycar is the team behind you. Its testing programs, R&D, Pit Crew and Crew Chief making the right calls at the right times.

Yung Money only needed time to be able to learn how to communicate what the car is doing in terms a crew chief could translate into what the car needed. Now he's a front runner in Nascar's top division.
Couldn't agree more Charles. Last year I posted that I thought that KL would be the new Target driver for 2014 when JPM wasn't rehired, and that it would be a success. Not many guys come along and nearly instantly get a feel for what the car is doing, and communicate that to the crew chief, and get to the front. I would fully expect, if given the opportunity, he could jump in a F1 or Indy car and be VERY competitive in just a short time.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, mtek56, team3521