IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
OSF (Offline)
  #1 1/3/14 10:24 AM
This will be my 1st Chili Bowl and we secured a hotel at Tradewinds w/ the Elephant Run bar so we are off to a good start.

Anyone have suggestions on good breakfast or lunch spots..... any favorite bars in the area. Anything fun to do during the day before the races start?

thanks
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #2 1/3/14 12:02 PM
There is a trade show that goes on each day inside the Expo Center and a few years ago they had RC car racing on a dirt oval in another building on the property.
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #3 1/3/14 12:26 PM
Albert G's BBQ if you like BBQ. Again this year they are sponsoring Roger &Lara Miller's # 75's driven this year by Landon Simon and Justin Grant.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, KENDALLRACING
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #4 1/3/14 2:51 PM
Usually lots of drivers go to the Hard Rock one night. You can usually keep your ears open and hear where most people are going most nights. Usually Elephant Run, Hard Rock and Caravan Cattle Company are all visited by many drivers and fans during the week on their "respected night".

"Real race cars dont have doors"
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #5 1/3/14 4:38 PM
Tally's for breakfast, if you don't mind rubbing elbows with racers & fans. Southwest corner of 11th & Yale, just a mile north of the Expo Center.

Bob Nikkel
2 Likes: badgerfan, billwill7
miledirt (Offline)
  #6 1/3/14 5:26 PM
Los Cabos, incredible Tex Mex in Jenks or Broken Arrow
bojo20 (Offline)
  #7 1/3/14 5:55 PM
As mentioned earlier definitely Tally's for breakfast
2 Likes: billwill7, KENDALLRACING
bart (Offline)
  #8 1/4/14 9:03 AM
If you are looking for an ol' fashioned burger I suggest Bill's Jumbo Burgers. A not so fancy, tiny place over near Hwy 244/412 & Utica Ave. Just east of downtown.

2002 E. Admiral Blvd. Tulsa, OK 74110

Bart
John P Huss (Offline)
  #9 1/4/14 12:15 PM
Western Diner @ Tally's.
Legends has great barbecue.
Best Regards,
John
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #10 1/4/14 12:26 PM
For lunchtime burgers, try Freddie's (not Freddie's Frozen Custard) at 9130 E. 11th on old Route 66. It's small and quaint and the burgers are some of the best I've ever had.

Bob Nikkel