IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > some changes need to be made isw
7/14/08, 11:02 AM   #1
some changes need to be made isw

qualifying is nice, and is needed, but it shouldn't be the basis for the whole night. What i mean is, if you start dead last in the heat race and race up to 5th, you should not start on the tail of the b-main:action-smiley-049:. Get rid of the lcq's make the heats a little bit bigger. Big fan of d,c,b,a. use the drama of the transfering from race to race. Right now the lcq's are there to point out whao is slow tonight. Next I hate watching drivers that won't race in the heat race. These guys know that once they are out of a transfer spot it does not matter anymore. They will be starting on the front of the bmain.:headbang Then my biggest pet peive is how do the b-main guys get to start up front in the a main. :doh: REWARD THE GUYS THAT RACE! maybe this is why we see fewer fewer of the little teams doing well.

7/14/08, 11:44 AM   #2
Re: some changes need to be made isw
LEADERS EDGE

I consider the Non-Q races as C-Mains. I really don't see how they are any different than C's.

I believe that if qualifying is used(Which is what I like) it should mean something. If you Qualify in the top 6, then you should be locked in. Instead of running a heat, I believe they should either just line up the feature inverted or run a race to determine starting position.

No matter what, it is hard to make it fair for everybody.

7/14/08, 1:13 PM   #3

i guess the point that i am tring to make is use qualifing to set up your heats, (top six make it, great) once you start raceing how you race determins your starting spot for the next race!. Bad drawl in qualifing ruins your night????? thats not raceing.

7/14/08, 5:16 PM   #4
Mark Sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
qualifying is nice, and is needed, but it shouldn't be the basis for the whole night. What i mean is, if you start dead last in the heat race and race up to 5th, you should not start on the tail of the b-main:action-smiley-049:. Get rid of the lcq's make the heats a little bit bigger. Big fan of d,c,b,a. use the drama of the transfering from race to race. Right now the lcq's are there to point out whao is slow tonight. Next I hate watching drivers that won't race in the heat race. These guys know that once they are out of a transfer spot it does not matter anymore. They will be starting on the front of the bmain.:headbang Then my biggest pet peive is how do the b-main guys get to start up front in the a main. :doh: REWARD THE GUYS THAT RACE! maybe this is why we see fewer fewer of the little teams doing well.
I have to say I'm with you on this one.... That's why we don't run USAC... we don't have the money to take on the big guy's.. so why send money on gas and pit fee's to get zip.. back if we don't make the top 35 or what ever it is.... I can go to Paragon and at lest get my pit money back......My two cent's...

7/14/08, 6:20 PM   #5
D.O.

Hot Laps is Qualifing [Group]

All cars to heat race. add 1 lap per added car.
Top 5 to feature [20]
Heat line up draw for invert. [2-6]

Passing points of heats line up feature. [1 1/2 per pass]
1st is 50 points, 2nd is 49 points and down field.

Heat points line up C-Main two transfer to tail of b-main. [2]

Heat points line up B-Main 4 transfer to tail of A-Main [4]

A-Main lined up by heat points, draw for inversion. [24]

All cars stop on front straight for fans to come on track after checkered flag!
All driver must stay near cars for 10 minutes after for fans on m/s.

:dologob:

Just a thought.

7/14/08, 6:34 PM   #6
riskybrisky5

USAC has stepped up to the plate and is paying all entrants $100.00 even if you do not make the heats.:thumb

7/14/08, 6:41 PM   #7
lovindirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
Hot Laps is Qualifing [Group]

All cars to heat race. add 1 lap per added car.
Top 5 to feature [20]
Heat line up draw for invert. [2-6]

Passing points of heats line up feature. [1 1/2 per pass]
1st is 50 points, 2nd is 49 points and down field.

Heat points line up C-Main two transfer to tail of b-main. [2]

Heat points line up B-Main 4 transfer to tail of A-Main [4]

A-Main lined up by heat points, draw for inversion. [24]

All cars stop on front straight for fans to come on track after checkered flag!
All driver must stay near cars for 10 minutes after for fans on m/s.

:dologob:

Just a thought.
DO your a great saleman, now go to usac and sell this one, sounds pretty fair, and if you go with a draw, they will probably get everyone home an hour earlier, now if we can get the world to drop the price of fuel , we can all enjoy your idea! Jeff:respect::respect:

7/14/08, 7:59 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
USAC has stepped up to the plate and is paying all entrants $100.00 even if you do not make the heats.:thumb
Instead of saying about damn time. I'll say thank you!

Also I agree with dropping the LCQs. A fifth heat and C main are the way to make events. Gotta say tho that its better taking four instead of the old two. At least theres some chance now.

Chuck, who always thought if you showed up to help put on the show. You should get paid something, Now they are

7/14/08, 8:00 PM   #9
Mark Sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
so your tell me that if I show up at Bloomington Friday, that if we don't make it out of the NQR, that USAC will pay me a $100 buck just for showing up?? that would be great......

7/14/08, 8:07 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Bet it cost anyone living more than 20 miles from a track at least 500 just to make it to the track and put it out there. Pit passes, fuel for travel, car, even some tire and motor wear.

100, Thats tow money and better than the previously recieved. NOTHIN!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > some changes need to be made isw