IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Ending the Season BIG!
9/1/13, 12:48 PM   #1
Bloomington Speedway Ending the Season BIG!
Bloomington Speedway

This is it race fans, this coming Friday September 6th, is THE LAST RACE of the 2013 season!

The Vectren Energy 811 Dirt Classic / Mitchell-Priest Family Fall Clash, is gonna be HUGE, and it includes a fantastic purse!

You will not want to miss the last race, as there are still some points battles for track championships, that will be decided at the final race.

That is sure produce some of the best and hardest racing we have seen all year.

There will be some GREAT racing, and we will have a BIG surprise in store for the fans too!

Tomorrow I will post the full purse for the FOUR THOUSAND to win, Vectren Energy 811 Dirt Classic, and it is a great purse from 1st to last place!

DON"T MISS OUR LAST RACE OF THE SEASON!

3 members like this post: dirt330, Dirtfan, hbmundy
9/2/13, 2:10 PM   #2
Re: Bloomington Speedway Ending the Season BIG!
Bloomington Speedway

As promised, the full purse breakdown for the 2013 season final race.

The Vectren 811 Dirt Classic / Mitchell-Priest Family Fall Clash

Yes, I know "structure" is misspelled but it was sent to me as a word document and "I" can't change it.
But you gotta admit, that is a nice purse to end the season on!

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, hbmundy
9/4/13, 7:11 PM   #3
Bloomington Speedway

Race fans, this season is coming to a close at Bloomington Speedway this Friday Sept 6th.

Since the start of this year, we have experienced the full range of emotions. We as a team, struggled early in the season with the track prep, before learning what mistakes we were making from the ever helpful Mike Miles, Dennis Richardson and Chad Dick. A VERY special thank you to those guys for their help, advice, and continued love for the Bloomington Speedway!

We were blessed to see some promising new talent emerge, in the pits, and on the track prep crew! (Henry Bryant) We celebrated with first time winners, multi time winners, and we as a collective racing family had our hearts ripped in half, with the tragic loss of Josh Burton early this season.

Since that terrible night in May, I have been blessed to share some time with the Burton family, and oddly enough, I found myself drawing on “their” strength, as they continue to fight daily to get through this tragic loss and move forward with their day to day lives.

I was, and I am still, so proud of our racing family at the Bloomington Speedway, as we all came together and wrapped our arms around the entire Burton family, during this most difficult of times.

Jerry Burton has told me personally, just how important this was to him and the entire Burton family. He ask that I extend a heartfelt thank you to the owners, management and staff of Bloomington Speedway, and most ESPECIALLY to you, the racing family for your unwavering support and all that you have done to help the Burton family ease their pain.

I also want to thank Ethan Barrow and his entire family, along with Dakota Jackson, Levi Shields, and Jeff VanHorn, for their efforts to honor Josh Burton with the memorial ceremony at Bloomington Speedway, that Ethan himself worked tirelessly and unselfishly to bring together.

Also, Pat and Susie Waltz for all that they have done to help the Burton family, even though, it undoubtedly opened up some very strong emotional memories for them, but they were still there for Jerry and Darlene, in spite of their own close personal and tragic loss.

We also saw some great racing, some great sportsmanship, we only had a couple of heated confrontations during the season. Which considering the rain early in the year, then the scorching hot weather, combined with the track conditions early on, and really that ain’t all that bad!

The biggest thanks of all MUST to go out to all the loyal fans at Bloomington Speedway!
Because without each and every one of you, it just would not be possible to keep the gates open for racing each and every Friday throughout the summer.

We “SINCERELY” thank you, we hope to see you this Friday Sept 6th, and we look forward to seeing you at the banquet Sept 20th, and we really can’t wait for Spring 2014!

9/5/13, 7:38 PM   #4
Bloomington Speedway

Please come and join us for the last race of the 2013 season.

There is a GREAT purse up for grabs, only 20 points separates Brady Short and Jon Stanbrough!

And there are "2" HUGE surprises in store!

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
9/5/13, 8:10 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Save me some Ice Cream!

9/5/13, 8:26 PM   #6
oldbutnew

Please fix the FM broadcast.

1 member likes this post: dirt330
9/6/13, 8:53 AM   #7
Eatin Dirt

Ready for the work day to be over so I can hit the road. Love coming t Bloomington.

9/6/13, 12:02 PM   #8
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Leaving the house at 230.See ya there racefans

9/6/13, 2:13 PM   #9
bigvee

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 40

What time will hotlaps start?

9/6/13, 2:18 PM   #10
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Hot laps usually roll right around 6:40. Everyone have a great time. Ill be looking for updates

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Ending the Season BIG!