IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #1 8/31/13 1:17 AM
Fox sports 1 sucks. No more car shows, it seems as its all football now. Thought espn was for that? Did all those shows go somewhere else or are all of those people unemployed now? A lot of talented people I hope are just on a different channel now.....
JazzTrombonist (Offline)
  #2 8/31/13 1:26 AM
MavTv is a way better channel then SPEED ever was, IMO. You get more dirt racing in a week, than SPEED would typically air in a month.

NBC Sports and Velocity get an honorable mention for car tech/motorsports coverage.
3 Likes: Jackslash.com, koolaid89, speed bump
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #3 8/31/13 2:37 AM
Gonna have to look into mavtv then. Thanks for the tip.
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #4 8/31/13 2:40 AM
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13:
Gonna have to look into mavtv then. Thanks for the tip.
They frequently air ASCS National races, Must See Sprints, Lucas Oil Mods, and of course Flip The Switch among several other off road and drift type programs...
2 Likes: Jackslash.com, speed bump
racenut69 (Offline)
  #5 8/31/13 8:02 AM
Did you also notice that they have another channel that is FSP2 that you have to pay extra for!..What a joke,they put the Nationwide practice and qualifiying on that one..

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
har59 (Offline)
  #6 8/31/13 9:07 AM
Originally Posted by racenut69:
Did you also notice that they have another channel that is FSP2 that you have to pay extra for!..What a joke,they put the Nationwide practice and qualifiying on that one..
I paid for speed.... now its fs1 and i just looked i also have fs2. Going to put a call in about my package price here in cincy, just paying more and more and more ect.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #7 8/31/13 9:29 AM
I read the other day where the FCC is finally going to look into it, the first of the year I had Comcast, it got too expensive, so I switched to a local cable company, it's fiber optic, first off, the internet service sucked, but at least I had a good clear picture, then August 1st they started dropping channels, so I ck'd with Direct TV, and they are in the midst of the channel dropping, plus you don't know what their internet service will be, and Dish TV, a similar fate awaits, yet my Droid picks this stuff out of the air, instantly, I don't get it, but I'm not signing a 2yr contract with anyone right now, looks like internet streaming is coming soon, wonder how that'll look on a 60" screen? Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
BeerCloud (Offline)
  #8 8/31/13 11:18 AM
i just added mavtv via the online route. after i complete the transaction online i heard the channel turn on in the other room. I go in there to check it out and theres a commercial for ASCS sprint cars. Its already worth the 4 bucks. Wife wants to know why I cant stop smiling. lol
har59 (Offline)
  #9 8/31/13 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by BeerCloud:
i just added mavtv via the online route. after i complete the transaction online i heard the channel turn on in the other room. I go in there to check it out and theres a commercial for ASCS sprint cars. Its already worth the 4 bucks. Wife wants to know why I cant stop smiling. lol
And your provider is??
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #10 8/31/13 11:38 AM
Tomorrow (Sunday) during the day is nearly all racing on Fox as it was last week when it included Dirt Late Models and ARCA on dirt. Racing on Fox2 as well tomorrow. Agree on MAV TV. Lots of good racing on there.