IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Waynesfield
8/3/13, 11:03 PM   #31
Re: Waynesfield
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Over and out from the field. Spotted mowerman and Mr. Quinn here tonight. Something good goin on here

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racegal
8/3/13, 11:09 PM   #32
robert gatten

thanks so much for the updates.

8/3/13, 11:14 PM   #33
robert gatten

congrats to Hewitt..great run from 12th for Boespflug. Great weekend Chad....woo-hoo

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, CRA91, FishBurger, johnnythunderhead
8/4/13, 2:02 AM   #34
WRP DK

Very cool to see Dallas win with his uncle meeting him in victory lane. Thanks to all the fans for coming and making it a packed house. We are are so thankful for all the fans and racers that made this another awesome Jack Hewitt Classic. We are humbled that Jack chooses WRP to host this race and we are honored to be able to honor a hero of ours. Thank you Jack!

Posted via Mobile Device

8/4/13, 5:10 PM   #35
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Over and out from the field. Spotted mowerman and Mr. Quinn here tonight. Something good goin on here
There were quite a few of us there actually. I saw also all of the Koonzee's,Only Dirt,Paw and Hewitt, Mudpacker and Racin Babe,Fishinman,and Sprintcarfanatic,the guy that never comes to Indiana for any racing!

I thought the A-main was pretty good,and especially the finish with Dallas Hewitt just squeaking out the win over Chad Boesplug. Had a top and a bottom to race on,and you cant ask for much more than that.

Thanks to WRP for running the sprints off first for us travelers that dont watch the support divisions that much,and wanted to get headed for a 170 plus mile drive home.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mowerman, Mud Packer, WRP DK
8/4/13, 5:32 PM   #36
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

A difficult choice this Saturday night with all of the big shows around the region. We made the decision to hit Waynesfield and to see them honor Jack Hewitt once again. We weren't disappointed. The overnight rains helped with track prep and the "Field" was once again racy.

We were greeted with 37 traditional sprints, a nice field of modifieds and the winged AMSA mini sprints. The evening started off with group qualifying of 4 cars each for the 410 sprints. Afterwards, the fast qualifier drew for the inversion on the heat races. With a 4 being drawn, they lined them up for 4 heat races transfering 4 each with the top 3 meeting in front of the main grandstands to draw for their starting positions in one of two dashes.

With Dallas winning one of the dashes and Matt Westfall winning the other, they lined up on the front row. I thought maybe the race wouldn't be as good as I had hoped but boy was I wrong there. Hewitt jumped out to the early lead but Westfall passed him and led the middle portion of the event. However, the real hard racing was back in the pack farther.

Twelve starter Chad Boesplug was on a mission. He was patient and picked them off one by one until he was in the top three. He disposed of Westfall first and then began to reel in Hewitt who had retaken the lead from Westfall. With the white flag waving, all bets were off as Chad had closed in to challenge young Mr. Hewitt. With the checkered flag waving, they were side by side with a slight touch but Dallas brought the trophy home and was greeted by Uncle Jack in victory lane.

A real touch of class by Chad as he stopped on the front stretch and greeted Dallas with a big hug and congratulations. Glad also to see young Mr. Bilbee return from a rather hard flip in the dash. The track crew is to be commended as they provided a decent racing surface that held up well without anything being done except a little water being added. Waynesfield provides quality racing and I look forward to the big announcement concerning that show in September.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/4/13, 11:09 PM   #37
Will Shunk

Mike is correct. WRP was a special place to be on Saturday night. The racing was top notch. The track prep superb. The victory lane gathering of Hewitts was one for the ages. Thanks to Greg and Tami along with the entire track crew for this night of racing. Also a big thank you to all of those sponsors and individuals who made the payoff worthy of the fine racing witnessed at WRP. A special race in September...I will be there for sure!

8/5/13, 4:50 AM   #38
Onlydirt

My first trip over to WRP and I will be back! Saying a lot for the non traveler I am... Interested in the big show in September.

2 members like this post: mowerman, Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Waynesfield