IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jrp4554 (Offline)
  #11 3/1/13 9:42 PM
unfortunately there is a track here in the Midwest that does this every week. I ran there last year and they had us hotlap without an ambulance. I didn't realize until after the fact. I will never return. sad but true story.

Posted via Mobile Device
racegal (Offline)
  #12 3/1/13 9:53 PM
Laurie is in m y prayers. How terrible!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
Gasman fan 50 (Offline)
  #13 3/2/13 1:10 AM
Prayer from a moose member in Northern Cal.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #14 3/2/13 1:40 AM
Terrible situation for sure! No ambulance should mean that nobody, should be allowed on the race track period!

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: erich45, Xflagman
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #15 3/2/13 10:27 PM
Hated to hear about this, I see push trucks flying around some tracks to get the show going. I have been building a push truck but I won't speed in the pits. Having been a race official I had a problem once, I was told to tell the drivers to put heat in. I refused cause the ambulance wasn't there yet. I was told it was no big deal, "Then why do we require helmets & belts for this in the rules" Drivers wouldn't do it either. I hope & pray this gal heals 100%
grinch (Offline)
  #16 3/3/13 4:05 PM
Best wishes to Laurie.....hope all turns out ok with you.... Stay strong Tom.....keep us informed...
MBrune (Offline)
  #17 3/4/13 1:00 AM
Very sad news hope for a speedy recover. I have promoted Flattrack races in Texas and I found out a lot about having an Ambulance. First off there needs to be atleast one peramedic and technician on board. Make sure they are not just granny haulers. There is so many levels of peramedics. Don't think just because you see an ambulance that they are qualified to handle any kind of major trauma's. Your drivers life may depend upon it. Ask these questions during a drivers meeting and see what kind of answer you get.
2 Likes: erich45
team3521 (Offline)
  #18 3/4/13 5:23 PM
Unfortunately, the second thought in my head was "this is going to be another lawsuit" which hurts our sport! I really hope NOT! Too many lawyers ready to sue at the drop of a hat.

The first thought was I hope Jesus is with her and helps her to heal.

Man this is terrible!
sprntr (Offline)
  #19 3/4/13 7:36 PM
Originally Posted by team3521:
Unfortunately, the second thought in my head was "this is going to be another lawsuit" which hurts our sport! I really hope NOT! Too many lawyers ready to sue at the drop of a hat.

The first thought was I hope Jesus is with her and helps her to heal.

Man this is terrible!
It's not the lawsuits that hurt our sport, it's the track operators that don't care enough about their customers to protect them from this kind of BS. Those morons deserved to get sued.

I hope Ms Sertich makes a full & speedy recovery!

steiny
4 Likes: CRA91, erich45, luckybuc97, ronmil
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #20 3/5/13 11:13 PM
Terry Wagner told me Laurie was improving. She's in a room now, and according to Jim powers who has been providing updates, she is making progress...it's going to be slow going, but if anyone can handle it, it's Laurie Sertich. She's a really great lady. Yeah she's tough - she's a Sprint Car Chick
2 Likes: grinch, luckybuc97