IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jack Dupp (Offline)
  #1 1/29/13 2:14 PM

This photo posted by Joe@ScaleSprints on Picture of the Day January 29, 2013 is quite a coincidence. I have been in contact with Paul Hazen's nephew, Aaron Miller, about this very car. It is Paul's only coil car and the one that no one could get to behave on a less than smooth track. I'll let Aaron and Paul fill in the rest of the details.

The car is owned by Shane Wade and currently resides in the showroom of his Amati Racing shop in Marion Illinois. He purchased it at the 2005 or 2006 Thanksgiving Day auction. It spent a couple of years at Wade Seiler's shop where these photos were taken.

6 Likes: DaveP63, davidm, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, Mud Packer, racing2bwithu2
robert gatten (Offline)
  #2 1/29/13 6:49 PM
showroom or museum is the best place for a coil over sprint car. They look great thought.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #3 1/29/13 7:34 PM
Yep, I have drove a couple coil front Sprinters for other guys and never liked them. Good for Midgets, T.Q.s, etc., not Sprint Cars. Good old 4 Bar car is still the best!

Posted via Mobile Device
cshuman (Offline)
  #4 1/29/13 8:20 PM
That car almost made me quit racing all together lol

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: DaveP63, groove grabber, koolaid89
awon24 (Offline)
  #5 1/29/13 8:49 PM
Casey,

Paul told me the same thing. He said they nicknamed it "jumpin jack."

Aaron
Rex W. (Offline)
  #6 1/29/13 9:17 PM
Didnt Jay Drake whip up on everyone in 1999 or 2000 with a coil front bar rear car?

Posted via Mobile Device
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #7 1/29/13 9:18 PM
Josh jumped her all thru turn one at Kokomo breaking her in three places and rattling his brain a little.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #8 1/29/13 9:20 PM
Originally Posted by robert gatten:
showroom or museum is the best place for a coil over sprint car. They look great thought.
I disagree with this statement, our Chalk will go thru the rough just fine.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
4 Likes: hairracer44, Slydejob, sprintracer82, Tony74
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #9 1/29/13 9:40 PM
Jay did this with the man that built the cars right there to tune in a perfect set up too. Kunz is good, no doubt.

Posted via Mobile Device
jts machine shop (Offline)
  #10 1/29/13 9:48 PM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
jay did this with the man that built the cars right there to tune in a perfect set up too. Kunz is good, no doubt.

posted via mobile device
how bout bc in a coil front stealth seem to remember we kicked butt with him wheeling one