IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Awesome news if it happens-nascar trucks @ eldora
10/16/12, 7:43 PM   #1
Awesome news if it happens-nascar trucks @ eldora
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Stumbled upon this on the ESPN website. NASCAR looking at possible Camping World Truck Series race at Eldora Speedway.
This would be cool if it happens.
Link below
www.espn.go.com/racing/nascar/truck/story/_/id/8513382/truck-race-possible-eldora-speedway-dirt-sources-say

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
10/16/12, 7:48 PM   #2
Re: Awesome news if it happens-nascar trucks @ eld
Avon Open Wheel fan

Maybe they could also hold an ARCA race with this but I bet this would be on the same week as the Prelude.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
10/16/12, 8:08 PM   #3
Chubs Peterson

I like the ARCA doubleheader. I dont think it will be on Prelude week. Track is already pretty full that weekend with the Dream on Saturday night and I dont think that race is going to be removed from schedule. Plus all those NASCAR fans know what the trucks are. They like to introduce them to late models. Could be a real cool show.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
10/16/12, 8:18 PM   #4
treecitytornado

I can't wait! I hope it is on a day when I'm not racing. I wanna see this! The Trucks need to come back to IRP TOO!

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, nathans1012, short track scott
10/16/12, 10:02 PM   #5
miledirt

If this happens, I'm in... just sayin'

10/16/12, 10:30 PM   #6
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
I can't wait! I hope it is on a day when I'm not racing. I wanna see this! The Trucks need to come back to IRP TOO!

Posted via Mobile Device
When NASCAR took the Nationwide cars away from ORP they wanted them to keep the truck series but since it didnt draw near as well ORP told them to go flip sand.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/16/12, 10:30 PM   #7
mscs20

If this happens, no ARCA race will be on the bill, no way they could pay the purse required by both series. The only reason to do it is to make money. And why would any open wheel fans want that anyway? Ad a non sanctioned, non wing sprint car race, now you have a show.

2 members like this post: racephoto1, SprintcarZF
10/16/12, 11:42 PM   #8
darnall

I can't believe it took NASCAR this long to give this a shot. I can't believe it took Smoke owning a premier facility to get it going. On the heels of all the questions about Talledega being a "Real Race", we see some hope of seeing a real race with Nascar. I am a race driver every chance I get, but from the time I was 2 years old and until I am 102 years old I have been and will be a race fan. I can't stand Nascar. I want to watch the most talented driver win by being the most talented driver and nothing is further from that than Nascar. I also can't stand any form of stockcars, but I have purchased EVERY Prelude PPV there has been...why? Because I know that this is the one time I am going to see the most talented guy win.

The only reason Nascar lets cup guys run the Nationwide or truck races is so the tracks have a snowballs chance in heck of selling a few hundred tickets. These races always have some big names in them, but you sure wouldn't know it by looking at the empty seats. I will bet you anything I own that the Prelude sells more tickets and PPVs than any Nationwide race each year. Heck, on paid attendance without PPV counting I bet the Prelude outsells the majority of the Nationwide races, Bristol included.

Nascar may finally be realizing that their product isn't good enough to keep the big boom in fans happening 20 years later, and that without the support of "real" race fans (whom they seem to alienate more and more each year) the cash cows udder is going to dry up sooner than later.

Will many people see this as a gimmick? Of course they will. But so is plate racing, Danica mania, drive for diversity and everything else they do to try to hype a stale product. But, have they finally done something that rivals racing at the Brickyard in getting our, the real race fans, attention? H3LL yes they have.

I am excited. I want to see footage of the tests. I want to see it on the schedule ASAP.

The only question I have is.....Can a series full of ride buying development drivers and a few has beens really start 36 cars/trucks on a track like Eldora??? And who will lap all those guys the most? Smoke or Kyle Larson?

2 members like this post: 410racer, red70racer
10/16/12, 11:49 PM   #9
Avon Open Wheel fan

I think the main thing this can do is allow maybe a few sprint car drivers to get the chance to drive in a NASCAR race. Even though we would like to see sprint car drivers move into the Indy Car series the fact is that their best chance of moving up anymore is in NASCAR. This could provide some drivers a chance to show NASCAR teams that they deserve a chance to drive in NASCAR.
Last edited by Avon Open Wheel fan; 10/16/12 at 11:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/17/12, 12:09 AM   #10
mortboyz

This deal won't have any credibility unless Hewitt gets a ride.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Awesome news if it happens-nascar trucks @ eldora