IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
IndyBound (Offline)
  #1 9/6/12 7:04 PM
Learned a short time ago that Jeff Gibson from Richwood, Ohio died about noon time today of a massive heart attack. Jeff was Todd and Brenda Gibson's second oldest son.

It has often been said a parent should never have to bury a child, this is the second son the Gibson's have lost in just over a four year period. Terry Gibson was killed on July 18th, 2008 in a supermodified accident at Toledo.

I watched the Gibson children grow up at Oswego Speedway back in the days when Todd raced there. The entire family has been dedicated to the sport of open wheel auto racing over the years.

My thoughts and prayers are with Todd, Brenda and family at this difficult time.

R. I. P. Jeff!

Patti
TeamCGR (Offline)
  #2 9/6/12 9:46 PM
Sad to hear Patti.. Very tough times for that Family. Our best and prayers to the Gibsons...
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #3 9/6/12 9:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers for the entire Gibson family in this most difficult time.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
2 Likes: IndyBound, SETracing
racegal (Offline)
  #4 9/6/12 10:49 PM
I am very sorry! I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
Gregg (Offline)
  #5 9/6/12 10:53 PM
My condolences to the entire Gibson family.
Midwest Connection (Offline)
  #6 9/6/12 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by IndyBound:
Learned a short time ago that Jeff Gibson from Richwood, Ohio died about noon time today of a massive heart attack. Jeff was Todd and Brenda Gibson's second oldest son.

It has often been said a parent should never have to bury a child, this is the second son the Gibson's have lost in just over a four year period. Terry Gibson was killed on July 18th, 2008 in a supermodified accident at Toledo.

I watched the Gibson children grow up at Oswego Speedway back in the days when Todd raced there. The entire family has been dedicated to the sport of open wheel auto racing over the years.

My thoughts and prayers are with Todd, Brenda and family at this difficult time.

R. I. P. Jeff!

Patti
Patti,

My thoughts and prayers go out to Todd, Brenda, and family.

Patti, if you have contact info for the Gibson family or Jeff's obituary could you send it my way - thanks. The last time I talked to Todd, Brenda, and Gene Lee was at Oswego 3yrs ago.

Rich
J&T Photos (Offline)
  #7 9/7/12 12:13 AM
I shot this photo at Winchester this year while seeing the super modifieds for the first time. I was told that Zach was driving the car at this time I think, but Jeff's car was one of my favorites. Just really like this photo.. Gibson family, you are in our prayers..

J&T Photos
5 Likes: fasster23, IndyBound, Mud Packer, racegal, randy j
tim brown (Offline)
  #8 9/7/12 4:57 AM
Sad to hear. Thoughts and Prayers to Todd & Brenda Gibson.
cmakin (Offline)
  #9 9/7/12 7:01 AM
Originally Posted by IndyBound:

R. I. P. Jeff!

Patti
Oh, man. So sad to hear. Today's Picture of the Day is a strange coincidence, yet a tribute.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #10 9/7/12 7:15 AM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Thoughts and prayers for the entire Gibson family in this most difficult time.
X2.......So sorry to hear.