IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rjstickerman5 (Offline)
  #1 8/27/12 9:27 AM
I'm looking at buying a 1999 John Boy sprint car to run in the 360 class. I just need a starter car. Is this car a good idea? Or am i waisting my time? It's $1000 for roller and lots of spares. Good idea or no? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
TQ29m (Online)
  #2 8/27/12 5:13 PM
Originally Posted by Rjstickerman5:
I'm looking at buying a 1999 John Boy sprint car to run in the 360 class. I just need a starter car. Is this car a good idea? Or am i waisting my time? It's $1000 for roller and lots of spares. Good idea or no? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
A bit more info, and maybe a picture or 2 would help, also, where are you located, and any idea who built the car, sounds like a good deal, but, sometime's it isn't! Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Rjstickerman5 (Offline)
  #3 8/28/12 12:04 PM
Here are some pics, Its a factory John boy from what i was told. I'm in Oregon the last time the car hit the track was 8 years ago it's been in storage sence.
TQ29m (Online)
  #4 8/28/12 2:26 PM
John Boy doesn't ring any bells, but from the pic's, and what you say you can buy it for, it's a start, looks like a deal, little too far for me to pick it up, but I'd probably jump on it, if it were closer. Good luck! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Rjstickerman5 (Offline)
  #5 8/28/12 4:56 PM
Here are 2 close up pics i could find of the car.
baldtireman (Offline)
  #6 9/9/12 6:48 PM
Originally Posted by Rjstickerman5:
John Boy is(was?) a quality California built low production chassis. They were popular in NARC, and Bobby McMahan(outlaw Paul's older brother),among others, was very successful using them......Get yourself a good "advisor" to get you pointed in the right direction....be patient,too,and have fun...
pavement#23 (Offline)
  #7 9/10/12 12:29 AM
just look at it this way $1000.00 and in one day you will be that much closer/farther ahead in your quest to run a sprint car.good deal just look at everything closely.good luck.
Racer12 (Offline)
  #8 9/21/12 9:00 PM
wing or traditional sprint? if traditional I would highly reccommend and 87"-40" car, especially since you are just starting.

Bob