IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Racer12 (Offline)
  #1 7/1/12 12:20 PM
Just want to say thank you to Joe Spiker and crew for putting on a entertaining and quickly ran show last night. Worked on racecars for 23 seasons and been to Putnamville at least 500 times! Last night was as good as any, I enjoyed the support classes as well as the Sprint cars. Track needed a little work on the bottom but its dirt racing! I personally didnt want the track the same every week when I set a car up, thats the challenge of dirt racing it is never the same and constantly changes. I enjoyed watching which crews and drivers could adapt their setups and driving styles to find the quickest way around. Congrats to all the winners last night! Now on to Kokomo!

Bob
3 Likes: davidm, fish, Jackslash.com
MisQuestioned000 (Offline)
  #2 7/1/12 12:28 PM
Racer12 I do agree spiker and his crew did a great job on keepin the show going and beating the rain. But yes the track did need some attention. It was good earlier in the season.

Posted via Mobile Device
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #3 7/1/12 1:07 PM
Originally Posted by MisQ000:
Racer12 I do agree spiker and his crew did a great job on keepin the show going and beating the rain. But yes the track did need some attention. It was good earlier in the season.

Posted via Mobile Device
Welcome to indianaopenwheel...never seen this screename before and your real name is.

Posted via Mobile Device
  #4 7/1/12 2:31 PM
JOSH HOSKINS I'LL PUT IT OUT THERE I DON'T CARE. I SPEAK WHAT I SEE.

Posted via Mobile Device
Motormasher (Offline)
  #5 7/1/12 3:33 PM
Get ready to be thrown under the buss Josh......they don't like it on here when you "call em like u see em" lol

Posted via Mobile Device
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #6 7/1/12 3:35 PM
Originally Posted by Motormasher:
Get ready to be thrown under the buss Josh......they don't like it on here when you "call em like u see em" lol

Posted via Mobile Device
Hey atleast he was there instead of sitting at home

Posted via Mobile Device
7 Likes: 3wide, babcock14d, Don 65s, jim goerge, Milly, racephoto1, sprintgal
  #7 7/1/12 3:42 PM
That's fine I wish everybody could just go to the track and run competitively and run clean just frustrated first time to Lps for a while and see the same ole thing just sad can't start a race and run a solid at least 5 consecutive laps with out a yellow and usually involves a tow truck for the car to be helped off the track.

Posted via Mobile Device
Don 65s (Offline)
  #8 7/1/12 7:14 PM
Originally Posted by MisQuestioned000:
That's fine I wish everybody could just go to the track and run competitively and run clean just frustrated first time to Lps for a while and see the same ole thing just sad can't start a race and run a solid at least 5 consecutive laps with out a yellow and usually involves a tow truck for the car to be helped off the track.

Posted via Mobile Device
I understand what you are saying. Its not racing if you don't have a track to do it on. The heat races was one groove and Slower cars finished up front. Then they start up front it the feature. Well you seen how that worked out. It took forever to get the first lap in the sprints & mods. Mods 6 finished with a few that got junked. We took our sportsman (65S) car to Bloomington friday night. First time driver at that track and it was fun. The track was READY when the sprints went out for hot laps. Dustin ran the heat and came in with a smile on his face. (Had fun) The feature went green for 25 laps. Ran 7th. We have had great times at LPS but its been down hill the last couple weeks. I hope they get it straightened out.