IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ernart3 (Offline)
  #1 3/26/12 9:44 PM
wondering how many midgets will be at montpelier on the 7th

Posted via Mobile Device
BrianBSU23 (Offline)
  #2 3/27/12 11:03 AM
I don't really want to post our expected number on here and it end up being wrong as we'd rather under promise and over deliver!

However, with that being said we have shook as many driver’s and car owner's hands as we could throughout the off-season through phone calls, emails, meetings, attending midget events and expos catered to open wheel racing as possible to start to build a relationship.

If we get only half each of the drivers who stated they are coming, pre-registered, or placed it on their website schedule at each show it should be a nice sized field and on the better end of the payout schedule.

I know in your guy's case with sorting out a new car and motor it could be the perfect opportunity before hitting the Powri shows as our 1/4 mile facility is similar to many on the Powri schedule.
Also, thanks to all of the midget owners and drivers we have came in contact with over the off-season and to those who made a long trek to Indy in December to help us sort out what needs to happen with this concept.

We are working hard to make this a success, and we hope to have your support throughout the 2012 season as we continue to grow and improve the series. Fan and car owner support is vital to all tracks and classes of cars!
otgracing17 (Offline)
  #3 3/27/12 7:04 PM
We should be firing off at some point this week if everything runs ok we will be there.
Mike Gass #17

Posted via Mobile Device
4 Likes: BrianBSU23, dirtnonwingfan, gearguy, Will Shunk
zeromotorsports (Offline)
  #4 3/27/12 9:07 PM
We will have one maybe 2

Posted via Mobile Device
4 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, BrianBSU23, dirtnonwingfan, mud goodsleeve
ernart3 (Offline)
  #5 3/28/12 9:11 AM
what format will be used at montpelier?

Posted via Mobile Device
BrianBSU23 (Offline)
  #6 3/28/12 9:23 AM
We will be using Format 1 for the intital race:

Pill Draw

Hot Laps

Heats (Top 2 Each Heat Redraw For Feature Starting Position)

Trophy Dash (Bottom 2-3 finishers in each heat race will run trophy dash to determine starting spot in the feature. Winner of trophy dash will receive trophy, pictures, etc.. at the conclusion of the dash).

Features
Manic Racing (Offline)
  #7 3/28/12 10:20 AM
Were planning on making the trip down with 2 cars.
David Budres #31
2 Likes: BrianBSU23, gearguy
procket (Offline)
  #8 3/28/12 2:32 PM
are you using passing points or is your night determined at the pill draw
BrianBSU23 (Offline)
  #9 3/29/12 8:52 AM
Originally Posted by procket:
are you using passing points or is your night determined at the pill draw
It will be straight pill draw the first show. I wouldn't say your night is determined at the pill draw. You have a 50% chance to start in the first two rows plus this is a racey facility especially with the midgets. You will be able to pass cars.

---------- Post added at 8:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:26 AM ----------

I've also received a lot of questions in regards to tires.

It is open brand and compound. Before the heat races start we will call you to the push off chute a little early to mark the tires before the heat races. Remember, whichever tire you begin the heat races with is the tire you will run for the rest of event unless you receive a flat.

At this time, we are not sure we will have tires for sale at the first event. We are working on having both brands respresented; however, at this time plan to bring with you whichever tires you want to run on. Once, we have tire dealers nailed down, I will post on here as soon as possible that they will be availiable and which brands will be availiable at the track.
Tony74 (Offline)
  #10 3/29/12 10:01 AM
David,
Glad to see you'll be running, Dad and I plan on being there to watch!

Tony Main