IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Online)
  #1 2/17/12 9:34 PM
Create Your Own Class!!

Just for fun and to stretch the imagination lest see some ideas you would have if you where able to create your own class that would run at your local track. We don't have to create the entire rule book just some quick points. Maybe some ideas on ways to make racing cheaper and fun again.

Late Model chassis with modified style front bumpers, nose & hood. Iron block factory angle valve train. LM40 tires all the way around. Non adjustable shocks.

Kind of the old modified look, save money on noses, something to do with all the old late models or any other old race car setting around.

Lets see your ideas, it's your class you build it your way, this is your chance to be a track owner and show promoters & sanctions this sport needs to get back to the basics and listen to some of us drivers.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
Dalton Dietrich (Offline)
  #2 2/17/12 11:42 PM
RaceSaver Non-Wing Sprint Cars all winged racesaver rules, just minus the wing.

-OR-

Racesaver Midgets
SamSr32 (Offline)
  #3 2/18/12 11:17 AM
RaceSaver Sprints have the answer, they have just been adapted by IMCA and ASCS along with all the other regions that are already successful. Indiana and Illinois are way behind on this type class.
Jrp4554 (Offline)
  #4 2/18/12 11:49 AM
What are race saver sprints? Is that just a steel block series?

Posted via Mobile Device
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #5 2/18/12 11:56 AM
darnall (Offline)
  #6 2/18/12 12:25 PM
Mine would be as follows....Open Wheel cars only...82" minimum wheelbase.. RR tire must be no wider than 14 inch and must durometer no softer than 65...LR tire no wider than 12"......no airfoils allowed.... any engine or combination of engines allowed, mounted in any location fore or aft of the drivers compartment, provided they fit in the car... shocks will be subject to a $200 claim rule...

The name of the class would be "RACECARS"
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #7 2/18/12 1:55 PM
Prolly be like the rest of the el cheepo series,,,get about 8 -12 cars a race,promise them the world,then pull the plug

Posted via Mobile Device
Jonr (Offline)
  #8 2/18/12 7:18 PM
An entry level midget class. Spec motor or sealed motor option. Weight rule. Limit exotic metals. We should have a midget class that someone can run a car for less than what it cost to run an A-mod. It should be seen as a different class than the "national" midgets, but their should be a path from the limited midgets to a "national" midget. Change the motor, change some suspension parts and go racing.
gajbowden (Offline)
  #9 2/18/12 8:07 PM
u guys want a real cheap open wheel class , in past 6 yrs it has growen in Australia from 5 cars to over 300 and now in NZL.
www.awsr.com.au
In past 5yrs mine engine bill is less then $1500
nathans1012 (Online)
  #10 2/18/12 11:45 PM
Not trying to be rude but it doesn't look like any of you are actually trying to create your own class; just coping something else. Try coming up with some good Ideas to help expenses.

Here is the Chicagoland area it would be cool to see the old Hobby Stocks / Limited Late Models of the late 80's & early 90's (Crown Point -Shadyhill - Kankakee)

Use Old Hobby Stock / Limited Late Models of the late 80's / early 90's
Use 8 Inch or 10 Inch Tire
602 Crate Motor or 383 < or something repairable to a 383 engine
No big motors allowed
All Frame Tube Car
2 Barrel Carburetor.
Adjustable Shocks allowed
Max 20 or 22 Gallon Fuel Cell.
2 3/4 Inch - 3 Inch Spoiler
Quick Change Tear End or a Ford 9 Inch Rear End

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.