IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #1 1/27/12 5:30 PM
I just noticed on the Lincoln Park Speedway website, the Indiana Open Wheel Racin Fest is scheduled for 71 days from now. If I figured this correctly, that would mean a Saturday April 7th opening.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
D.O. (Offline)
  #2 1/27/12 7:15 PM
Joe said on the show open April 7th and a practice the week before.
4 Likes: Dannypollock24, dirtnonwingfan, Mud Packer
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #3 1/27/12 11:38 PM
I might be making my first trip to Lincoln Park for midget week.
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, Danny Burton, Jimmydiesel, mowerman, Mud Packer
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #4 1/28/12 12:28 PM
With winter dragging on, this is great news. Lincoln Park was a great place to spend Saturday evenings last year. Joe keeps the show moving, and the racing is always good. Can't wait!
3 Likes: agar, mowerman, SHORTBUS
LPS Insider (Offline)
  #5 1/28/12 8:40 PM
Yes, opening night will be April 7th with the Indiana Open Wheel Racin' Fest! Test and Tune will be March 31st-weather permitting. We have a couple of nights hanging in the air, but as soon as we get those figured out we will get the schedule posted.

Thanks to Bill Gardner and Indiana Open Wheel and everyone who voted in this years awards. Promotor of the Year went to Joe again this year. Lincoln Park Speedway also was voted to have the Race of the Year for USAC Midget Week!

joe_1.JPG

joe_bill.JPG

Come on April!
Attachments:
2 Likes: Dannypollock24
terrehautian (Offline)
  #6 1/29/12 5:35 PM
Hmm, have a friend who has never been to a race, might have to bring her to this.
crow (Offline)
  #7 1/29/12 7:23 PM
I see there's no support class for the Indiana Sprint Weeks event. To me that's a good thing.
terrehautian (Offline)
  #8 2/1/12 4:23 PM
Originally Posted by terrehautian:
Hmm, have a friend who has never been to a race, might have to bring her to this.
And now I won't be coming to this race, will be in Alabama (or on the way home) on a mission trip to rebuild homes from last years deadly tornadoes.
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #9 2/1/12 4:40 PM
Originally Posted by terrehautian:
and now i won't be coming to this race, will be in alabama (or on the way home) on a mission trip to rebuild homes from last years deadly tornadoes.
pussing out already
4 Likes: agar, jim goerge, mowerman, Z-man
terrehautian (Offline)
  #10 2/1/12 11:45 PM
Lets see, seeing racing I can see anytime or go help people when I can afford to do so. My hopefully future girl friend has never been to a race, so I will be bringing her to LPS for a race. I figure that is the best place to see racing for a first timer.