IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #1 1/21/12 10:39 AM
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #2 1/21/12 11:31 AM
Hopefully Kevin, will keep Sprint Cars there on a weekly basis!

Posted via Mobile Device
F5 Racer (Offline)
  #3 1/21/12 11:42 AM
Hopefully people can come out and support the sprints so we can start rejuvinate Sprint car racing in Illinois and Missouri. What kind of payout are we looking at for the sprints?

Posted via Mobile Device
SamSr32 (Offline)
  #4 1/21/12 9:22 PM
Talked with Steve Thomas on the phone tonight and it looks like things are progressing for Sprint Cars weekly at Clay County Speedway, Flora for the 2012. Kevin Bayer is working out the specifics for the track for the coming season. This looks like it could be the answer for you low dollar racers to have a good place to race. This is a very nice speedway, so let Kevin or Steve know if you are interested in competing at Flora. Your input could mean alot toward the final decisions. Thanks, Sam Stockon Sr
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #5 1/21/12 11:20 PM
I heard the choice is between a 600 to Win, 200 to start show or 1000 to Win, but only 100 start. Definitely would go with the first breakdown, less to Win, but give everyone a piece of the pie! I hope the 1SAC Team can make it over for a couple of Clay Co./Farmer City weekends!

J.T. Stapp

Posted via Mobile Device
Jracer2m (Offline)
  #6 1/22/12 12:55 AM
Why would any of us go and support such a pathetic purse, I mean that's a modified purse, we race sprintcars. I dnt understand it, every year there is a few guys willing to go and do it but never enough to fill a field. If a promoter will pay the money, he will get the cars. Period. We race sprintcars, they are the baddest cars on dirt, our drivers risk there lives, and they deserve to paid like it. Dnt get me wrong, none of us are racing to make money, but 600 to win or even a 1000, give me a break, we might as well go back to stock small blocks and bias ply road tires. I hope more people will find a way to pay what a 410 sprintcar purse should be.

Posted via Mobile Device
mscs20 (Offline)
  #7 1/22/12 1:43 AM
Originally Posted by Jracer2m:
Why would any of us go and support such a pathetic purse, I mean that's a modified purse, we race sprintcars. I dnt understand it, every year there is a few guys willing to go and do it but never enough to fill a field. If a promoter will pay the money, he will get the cars. Period. We race sprintcars, they are the baddest cars on dirt, our drivers risk there lives, and they deserve to paid like it. Dnt get me wrong, none of us are racing to make money, but 600 to win or even a 1000, give me a break, we might as well go back to stock small blocks and bias ply road tires. I hope more people will find a way to pay what a 410 sprintcar purse should be.

Posted via Mobile Device
Geez, lighten up. Where do you run now?
Have you ever been to Paragon? Over 40 cars a week support that track and look at their purse. Florida ran a couple of non wing dirt shows at the end of the year that only paid $350 to win....but it was better than what they had, which was nothing.
Nothing has been set in stone except it will be every week starting at the end of March, open engines and no tire rule. Over 20 drivers/owners have responded that they want to race there, with the purse being thicker in the middle and to start, 3 were more in favor of it being heavy on top.
Kevin is just starting out, taking over a track that was closed. He has said as it grows, so will everything else. He will have a point fund and he will have a banquet. More will be announced in the coming weeks.
Flora was on a list that included Danville, Mt Vernon, Jacksonville, Boswell, Joliet/Rt 66 and Sumner (Red Hill). For now, there is a little sunlight at Clay County.

Steve
5 Likes: 11Chaudion, ISF, K9Racer, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #8 1/22/12 2:32 AM
Originally Posted by Jracer2m:

Posted via Mobile Device
Just an FYI but 90% of your top modified guys have just as much money, if not more in there cars as a sprint car cost. And in over half the country a modified race would draw more fans than a sprint car race. There are more modified tracks, drivers, race series, and prolly fans than sprint car racing has. Don't even get me started on the successes of dirt late models.

You can have your own opinion, but that doesn't mean you know what your talking about. In my opinion $600 with $200 to start would be a better purse than $1400 to win and $150 to start. With $600 they won't attract any top teams, and your average joe can compete. If they do pay $600 they should have every sprint in a feature like paragon. Paragon should be their template. It amazes me the amount of sprints that show up to paragon every week.

Posted via Mobile Device
smith19 (Offline)
  #9 1/22/12 8:05 AM
hotshoe, i like the mods and lm's to but you have been spending to much time at paragon and 4m.

CHRIS SMITH
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #10 1/22/12 11:52 AM
Haha i haven't been to paragon in a couple years. You might have a point about the 4m thing lol

Posted via Mobile Device