IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Practice @ Columbus Motor Speedway
9/8/11, 3:15 PM   #1
Midget Practice @ Columbus Motor Speedway
USAC Developmental

There will be an open midget practice at Columbus Motor Speedway next Friday, Sept 16 from 4-7pm.

The cost is $50 per car.

This is a great opportunity for those look for some laps before Saturday's (Sept 17) USAC Midget Triple Header featuring the Mopar D1, Ford Focus and Focus Young Guns Midgets.

For those fans looking to attend it's CAR LOAD Night at the track where there will be no tickets, fans will just pay $10 to park, so cram all your family and friends into your car or truck and head to CMS!

9/8/11, 4:48 PM   #2
Re: Midget Practice @ Columbus Motor Speedway
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Somehow, I seemed to have missed this info earlier, so what's a "Mopar D1 Midget"?

9/8/11, 6:06 PM   #3
Eric C

For some reason they decided to change the name of the regional midget series to D-1 series, same midget, same series, only the name has been changed. ?

Eric Cottongim

9/8/11, 7:42 PM   #4
hoosierhillbilly

I have lived in columbus since 1999. I have been to most of the full midget races and 1/2 the focus races at cms. Sadly, i am going to pass this year. I was going to haubstadt but i think i will go to fremomt for the allstars. Midget racing used to be to be my favorite. Now i cant face seeing another short field of these once great cars. (i know there is a thread about this already)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: team3521
9/8/11, 8:56 PM   #5
martz32

This makes absolutely no sense to me. If you're going to schedule a practice, why not schedule it for Saturday at like twelve or one o'clock. Maybe more of us could attend. Most of us at this level have jobs or are in school, or just can't afford a hotel bill this time of year. It seems like USAC just shoots from the hip. Hell, they will probably have the practice and cancel the race. Sorry,I just had to get this off my chest. Larry Martz

7 members like this post: Lincoln Chapple, Mud Packer, Predator, stebru2, team3521, TWO FIVE
9/8/11, 9:01 PM   #6
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by martz32 View Post
This makes absolutely no sense to me. If you're going to schedule a practice, why not schedule it for Saturday at like twelve or one o'clock. Maybe more of us could attend. Most of us at this level have jobs or are in school, or just can't afford a hotel bill this time of year. It seems like USAC just shoots from the hip. Hell, they will probably have the practice and cancel the race. Sorry,I just had to get this off my chest. Larry Martz
I agree 100% Larry. I just kind of wonder who makes these decisions and why?

Makes zero sense to me either!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Practice @ Columbus Motor Speedway