IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Suggestion for Indiana residents.
7/19/11, 4:05 PM   #1
Suggestion for Indiana residents.
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Start a campaign to get Indiana moved to the Central Time Zone. Don't mention auto racing or daylight saving. Just point out that it's too dark when you go to work (or think of a better reason). If there ever was any reason for Indiana to be on New York time, rather than Chicago time, it is long since past.

I believe Michigan and Ohio should also be in the Central zone, but that's an issue for another day.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, GregD, ronmil
7/19/11, 4:15 PM   #2
Re: Suggestion for Indiana residents.
Jerry Spencer

Kids walking to school in the dark did not work so I doubt anything else will work as they just do not listen. Personally I hate all politicians, some more than others. The studies they did comparing the cost before and after proved it is costing more now than it did before the change. Working out in the heat all day has affected my judgment, I had Sarah put a Bud in the freezer took two drinks and set it on the fence post to warm up. Not sure what I was thinking but your post snapped me back to reality.

Jerry

5 members like this post: 64chevy, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, PJ Wright
7/19/11, 4:16 PM   #3
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
Start a campaign to get Indiana moved to the Central Time Zone. Don't mention auto racing or daylight saving. Just point out that it's too dark when you go to work (or think of a better reason). If there ever was any reason for Indiana to be on New York time, rather than Chicago time, it is long since past.

I believe Michigan and Ohio should also be in the Central zone, but that's an issue for another day.
Adopting daylight savings time was the brainchild of governor Mitch Daniels. I will definitely not get into government ******** with you guys on this board, but I have been known to visit his office. Next time I'm at the state house, I'll pass along the message

7/19/11, 4:41 PM   #4
Hot Rod K.

Unless I'm mistaken, we racers would prefer Indiana to be back on Eastern Time (minus the daylight savings time). Central Time would exacerbate the problem by putting the sun another hour higher in the sky. Promoters are really up against it with the desire to start later but still beat their curfews.

Rod Keplinger

7/19/11, 4:41 PM   #5
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Adopting daylight savings time was the brainchild of governor Mitch Daniels. I will definitely not get into government ******** with you guys on this board, but I have been known to visit his office. Next time I'm at the state house, I'll pass along the message
Is there anything your not an authority on ?

7/19/11, 4:51 PM   #6
raceway video

About daylight savings time, an Indian chief once said "Only a white man would believe that by cutting a foot off one end of a blanket and sewing it on the other end he would have a longer blanket"
Last edited by raceway video; 7/19/11 at 4:54 PM.

7/19/11, 7:58 PM   #7
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceway video View Post
About daylight savings time, an Indian chief once said "Only a white man would believe that by cutting a foot off one end of a blanket and sewing it on the other end he would have a longer blanket"
GOOD ONE!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

7/19/11, 8:13 PM   #8
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Is there anything your not an authority on ?
Well, I'm a pretty terrible cook if you must know.[COLOR="Black"]
Last edited by deannalynn; 7/19/11 at 8:23 PM.

7/19/11, 8:23 PM   #9
treecitytornado

Another dumb idea by our beloved governor, my main b****! He has really messed up our state!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: v8j
7/19/11, 8:52 PM   #10
terrehautian

the issue isn't a Daylight savings time (though annoying), it is everyone is on different times zones. I can drive an hour and 15 minutes south and be in Central. Go East from Central, be back in Eastern. Go south and be in Central again all in one state. I don't know which time zone the whole state should be in, but it should be in just one.

One more year until we get a new person in Indy.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Suggestion for Indiana residents.