IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Driver ID Help with Old Misc. Photos
4/11/11, 5:40 AM   #1
Driver ID Help with Old Misc. Photos
Russ

I have one more group of old photos I need driver ID help with. These are pretty old but I thought I would try anyway. Any information I have about each shot is listed below. Thank you once more for any help. Russ

#48 - Wall, New Jersey in the 1940's - The only other thing written on the back is the word "Detorant" or "Detoraut".

#2 & #29 - Jackson, Illinois in 1952 - IMCA Sprints - Photo says the #2 is "Bobby Grim" - I need to know who is in the #29.

#2 & #3 - Taken in the 1950's possibly somewhere in Colorado - The #2 says "Bill Lacy and Gene Novotny" - The only thing I can make out on the #3 is "Ryder Truck Rental Special".

Midget Driver posed with Trophy - Taken at Indoor Track in Fort Wayne, Indiana in the 1950's.

Upside Down #49 - Taken 12 August, 1962 at possibly Terre Haute - Driver's last name might be "Hagelmeyer" if that rings a bell with anyone.
Last edited by Russ; 5/1/11 at 3:48 AM.

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
4/11/11, 8:46 AM   #2
Re: Driver ID Help with Old Misc. Photos
crp26

# 49 was taken at Terre Haute turn 1-2. This flip was a fatality the drivers name was Jackson Hagamier (sp).I was in the infield and can remember this.
Chuck

1 member likes this post: Russ
4/11/11, 10:51 AM   #3
rdzsprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by crp26 View Post
# 49 was taken at Terre Haute turn 1-2. This flip was a fatality the drivers name was Jackson Hagamier (sp).I was in the infield and can remember this.
Chuck

Good call. This was Aug. 12,1962 Terre Haute, #49 was Jackson Wayne Hagemeyer. He was on the Bowes Seal Fast winning pit crew for Foyt in '61, right front tire changer and pit board. Also managed an auto parts store in Indy owned by Rodger Ward during the off season.

He hot lapped the Barnett Bros. sprinter that day as Jim Hurtubise was running late. If Herk didn't show in time he was to get the ride. Herk made it in time and Jackson got in the 49 car that I 'think'?.. was the Sherm Allen car. Hooked a rut qualifying and flipped several times shredding the Cromwell helmet he was wearing. I have a video of this crash.

1 member likes this post: Russ
12/7/12, 1:57 AM   #4
StonewallBlack

e Terre Haute Action Track with helmet in hand and no prospects of a car to drive. Jim Hurtubise, one of the top drivers of the day was scheduled to drive the Barnett Brothers Special, but he was late arriving at the track. Hagemeyer drove the car during practice with the understanding if Hurtubise did not arrive Terre Haute Action Track with helmet in hand and no prospects of a car to drive. Jim Hurtubise, one of the top drivers of the day was scheduled to drive the Barnett Brothers Special, but he was late arriving at the track. Hagemeyer drove the car during practice with the understanding if Hurtubise did not arrive in time for qualifications the car would be his for the day, a major boost for his career. As fate would have it Hurtubise arrived in time to qualify and Hagemeyer secured the seat in a car of questionable quality. During his qualification attempt he hooked a rut in the first turn and flipped the car, resulting in his death. Jim Hurtubise, in the Barnett Brothers Special, drove to victory in the 30 lap feature. (bio by: Jim Adams) e in time for qualifications the car would be his for the day, a major boost for his career. As fate would have it Hurtubise arrived in time to qualify and Hagemeyer secured the seat in a car of questionable quality. During his qualification attempt he hooked a rut in the first turn and flipped the car, resulting in his death. Jim Hurtubise, in the Barnett Brothers Special, drove to victory in the 30 lap feature. (bio by: Jim Adams)

12/7/12, 1:59 AM   #5
StonewallBlack

Also his son(Jon Hagemeyer 11years old at the time)was in the grandstand and witnessed the accident happened.

12/7/12, 7:34 AM   #6
snoopy

Is it me , or where are the pictures?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Driver ID Help with Old Misc. Photos