IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > any updates on must see sprints at salem
4/10/11, 7:18 PM   #1
any updates on must see sprints at salem
doug47
Inactive Member

updates would be great thanks

4/10/11, 7:22 PM   #2
Re: any updates on must see sprints at salem
Danny Burton

I'm working on a column for our buddy Mr. Morrison, Doug, but can tell you that Aaron Pierce won over Ryan Litt, Jeff Bloom, Jason Cox and Jimmy McCune.

Kudoes to Jacob Wilson who started 16th and was challenging for fifth before dropping out.

Now, back to "work" for me.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

7 members like this post: dirtball, doug47, Gregg, IndyBound, Race Poor, SprintManDave, team3521
4/10/11, 9:08 PM   #3
Bad Dad 54

Watched Jacob Wilson in the 07 (????) at Anderson Kid does a good job. Talked w/ the crew after the races nice people.

4/10/11, 9:28 PM   #4
Race Poor

I also enjoy watching the Wilson team. I am curious to know if AP had to work through traffic, or started out front. Also, wondering how many cars and what the fan count was! Wish I was there.

4/10/11, 9:34 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Poor View Post
I also enjoy watching the Wilson team. I am curious to know if AP had to work through traffic, or started out front. Also, wondering how many cars and what the fan count was! Wish I was there.
If memory serves me correctly, I believe that Aaron started on the outside of the second row. 24 winged sprint cars were in attendance on a bright but windy afternoon. The sunshine was certainly welcome after the difficult winter and early spring? we have had.

I talked with the mailman after the race and made the comment that with the excellent weather today, I was surprised by a lower fan turnout than I expected. Danny also thought that the headcount was rather light. I guess you could call it a decent crowd.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
4/10/11, 9:38 PM   #6
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Them Wilsons are real nice people, always enjoy talking to them in the pits.

From Facebook:

"The Official Troy DeCaire Fan Page
Results from Salem: Qualified 9th inverted top 6. Finished 2nd in heat on last lap motor blew. Troy climbed in Koehler's 3rd car for 30-lap feature. Had to go to rear started 22nd and with NO cautions finished 6th."

Then someone posted in the comments:
"There WAS a caution on lap 3, and he started at the tail, but only 18 cars started. He did a good job to finish 6th, down 1 lap to Pierce"

4/10/11, 9:40 PM   #7
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
Them Wilsons are real nice people, always enjoy talking to them in the pits.

From Facebook:

"The Official Troy DeCaire Fan Page
Results from Salem: Qualified 9th inverted top 6. Finished 2nd in heat on last lap motor blew. Troy climbed in Koehler's 3rd car for 30-lap feature. Had to go to rear started 22nd and with NO cautions finished 6th."

Then someone posted in the comments:
"There WAS a caution on lap 3, and he started at the tail, but only 18 cars started. He did a good job to finish 6th, down 1 lap to Pierce"
There was a caution for a spin early in the feature. From that point forward it was all up to the

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/10/11, 9:43 PM   #8
Pavement Dave

Check out the start of the event. They are 4 wide coming down for the green!

Winner Aaron Pierce with Salem Speedway owner Owen Thompson.
Last edited by Pavement Dave; 4/10/11 at 9:57 PM.

3 members like this post: dirtball, Isaac Chapple Racing, Pitpass
4/10/11, 11:12 PM   #9
Honest-Sam

Okay, I never do this, but here goes: Today, I witnessed the absolute worst 'tire debacle' ever. Nobody was immune. I kinda feel like Jeff Bloom is lucky that his right rear didn't blow out. Pierce's wasn't a heck of a lot better in my opinion. Hopefully it's a one time problem. Sorry. Done. Sound off......
Posted via Mobile Device

4/11/11, 2:06 PM   #10
Geoff Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
Okay, I never do this, but here goes: Today, I witnessed the absolute worst 'tire debacle' ever. Nobody was immune. I kinda feel like Jeff Bloom is lucky that his right rear didn't blow out. Pierce's wasn't a heck of a lot better in my opinion. Hopefully it's a one time problem. Sorry. Done. Sound off......
Posted via Mobile Device
For a sunday afternoon 88 degree bright sunny day show, with the high speed of winged pavement racing on a pretty green and rough track and being the very first race on these new tires I for one thought they held up pretty good. Nobody has setups yet for these tires. Different rubber compounds and a different spring rate from these tires. Ok I'm done now.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > any updates on must see sprints at salem