3/30/08, 1:09 PM   #1
Ken Brenn Offy
Al Consoli

3/30/08, 1:30 PM   #2
Re: Ken Brenn Offy
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Did Rodger Ward drive a #24 Ken Brenn Offy also? Were they team cars?

3/30/08, 1:38 PM   #3
Al Consoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
Did Rodger Ward drive a #24 Ken Brenn Offy also? Were they team cars?
I hope you're not asking me, because...well you know. One of Brenn's old mechanics has the #24 restored and takes it to some vintage events. I've seen it several times at Latimore Valley. On the information board he has a list of the drivers that ran the car, and it's rather lengthy. I wouldn't doubt that Ward is on the list. I know Larry Dickson drove it. They were team cars. Brenn had at least 3, maybe 4 midgets, a sprint, and a Champ Dirt car.:thumb The driver in this shot is Johnny Coy. I'm sure Lee could come up with a long list of those who drove for Ken Brenn. I wonder if Duke did?

3/30/08, 2:44 PM   #4
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Roger Ward Won A Sport Car Race At Limerock In Ken Brenn's Kk Offy Midget!

3/30/08, 2:51 PM   #5
leo4502003

Al, I could probably search through my garbage collection and compile a decent list of Brenn's drivers ,but it's just not on the old radar sceen right now. This does give me the opportunity to suggest going to openwheeltimes.com, clicking the driver search link, and entering the date parameters and car owner name(last name only). This will give one a good beginning list of Brenn's drivers.
Kevin Eckert is the "master" of this kind of information, I, a mere "grasshopper" by comparison. My only possible advantage is that I'm usually sober on weekends.(a concession to age not ethics)

3/30/08, 3:35 PM   #6
Buildy

That is Johnny Coy.1968,not sure where. Beautiful photo Al!

Some Brenn Drivers:Rodger Ward,Mark Donohue,Bill Randall,both in the rear engine car, Larry Dickson, Wally Dallenbach,Johnny Coy,Don Krietz,Jerry Karl,Leigh Earnshaw.....There were many others,but I can`t remember all of them

3/30/08, 4:18 PM   #7
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
Roger Ward Won A Sport Car Race At Limerock In Ken Brenn's Kk Offy Midget!

1959. I wish latimore attracted more vintage open wheelers.

3/30/08, 7:39 PM   #8
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildy View Post
That is Johnny Coy.1968,not sure where. Beautiful photo Al!

Some Brenn Drivers:Rodger Ward,Mark Donohue,Bill Randall,both in the rear engine car, Larry Dickson, Wally Dallenbach,Johnny Coy,Don Krietz,Jerry Karl,Leigh Earnshaw.....There were many others,but I can`t remember all of them
Right you are, that is Coy for sure. In '68 he won the first of his 4 ARDC titles. Jiggs Peters was another Brenn driver. I saw Peters win an ARDC show at Old Bridge in April of '64 in the Brenn Offy.

3/30/08, 10:17 PM   #9
Stan Don It

I really appreciate Al's sharing his wonderful photo collection with us.
Please continue to do so. There are so many who need to see these to appreciate the heritage of Midget, Sprint Car and Silver Crown Racing.

4/7/08, 12:43 PM   #10
Al Consoli

I happened to find another Brenn Midget shot. This is the #24 that just about everybody drove. The driver in this shot is Ray Tilley. I don't know the year on this one, but I would guess '69, because it has a cage and I don't think Tilley raced in '70 because of his injuries from Langhorne.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ken Brenn Offy