IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #1 3/29/08 9:17 AM
Say Happy Birthday To Bill Vukovich Hes 65 Today And Back Living In Indy! (hoosier Clem) I Had Lunch In Indy Yesterday Will Bubby Jones Gary Bettenhausen Larry Dickson Johnny Parsons Bill Vukovich And Jim Bob Luebert! Fun Day!
Dwight Clock (Offline)
  #2 3/29/08 9:31 AM
Happy Birthday, Bill!!!
Al Consoli (Offline)
  #3 3/29/08 9:57 AM

:checkered:
cecil98 (Offline)
  #4 3/29/08 1:36 PM
Just spoke with Bill on Wednesday 3/26. I have a friend (Jim Bob Luebbert) who owns Speedway Monogramming across from the 16th St tunnel at the Speedway. Bill comes in more than occasionally to hang and shoot the sh--. He's a nice guy and interesting to talk to. He's been in there the last two times I've stopped in to hangout.
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 3/29/08 1:56 PM
Happy birthday, Bill! (But is it 65 or only 64)? On-this-day.com & Wikipedia show Bill was born Mar. 29, 1944, which would make him a young whippersnapper of only 64.

Ron Miller
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #6 3/29/08 2:44 PM
Sonny Ates Was 73 Yesterday He's Living Back In Henryville In (hoosier Clem)
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #7 3/29/08 2:45 PM
At Vukys Age He Can't Remember Anyway!
cecil98 (Offline)
  #8 3/29/08 3:34 PM
Originally Posted by Al Consoli:

:checkered:
Did anyone happen to notice the drag-link set up on this car?? It might have been common on the dirt cars back then but, that's the first time I've ever noticed it.
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #9 3/29/08 5:32 PM
He is really going to have to shrink down if he gets on his lid. His head is taller than the roll bar. Those boys had some brass clangers.:respect:
dirtywhiteboy
  #10 3/29/08 8:19 PM
Originally Posted by cecil98:
Just spoke with Bill on Wednesday 3/26. I have a friend (Jim Bob Luebbert) who owns Speedway Monogramming across from the 16th St tunnel at the Speedway. Bill comes in more than occasionally to hang and shoot the sh--. He's a nice guy and interesting to talk to. He's been in there the last two times I've stopped in to hangout.
I am going to have to look this place up when I get to Indy this year.

Originally Posted by :
Say Happy Birthday To Bill Vukovich Hes 65 Today And Back Living In Indy! (hoosier Clem) I Had Lunch In Indy Yesterday Will Bubby Jones Gary Bettenhausen Larry Dickson Johnny Parsons Bill Vukovich And Jim Bob Luebert! Fun Day!
Now that would be a lunch I'd give my paycheck to be at.