IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Nationals
10/3/10, 8:33 PM   #1
Gold Crown Nationals
BrentTFunk

Just wanted to say thank you to Tri City Speedway for promoting a great race this last weekend. Kevin, Tammy and their whole staff were great and we had a great time. The car counts were excellent ( contrary to what some gloom and doom people predicted), and the 50 lap finale was the best race I have seen in some time. We will definitly be back. Thanks again.

6 members like this post: billwill7, mowerman, opnwhlmnd, racefan20, racefanindy
10/3/10, 9:43 PM   #2
Re: Gold Crown Nationals
crow

I would love to see a big money USAC sprint show there next year.

10/3/10, 9:56 PM   #3
Kirk Spridgeon

I echo all of that. I can only hope that the Gundakers know how much everyone appreciated the event this weekend. That main event last night was just unreal...

10/3/10, 9:59 PM   #4
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Yes Brent one of the best programs in many a moons .Thanks to everyone involved . The beer even tasted better than normal .

10/3/10, 10:22 PM   #5
Tim Clauson

Last nights race was incredible to say the least something like 19 slide jobs for the lead in the first 30 laps. On the lap 30 caution Greg Wilke and I got up looked at each other and just said "wow" that was all we could come up with. For those who want to tell the world how horrible it is out there make sure to talk to those who attended this weekends events, sanctioning bodies working together, close to 50 midgets in the house. promoters who went way out of there way to make all feel welcome. And one hell of a race !

Usually on the front stretch you have one really happy driver and two really pissed off drivers. Last night was different as I think they all realized that they may have just participated in one of the greatest midget races ever.

I can not wait to read Jerry Shaw's take on the weekend events, my guess it it just might be as good as the race itself ....

Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Just wanted to say thank you to Tri City Speedway for promoting a great race this last weekend. Kevin, Tammy and their whole staff were great and we had a great time. The car counts were excellent ( contrary to what some gloom and doom people predicted), and the 50 lap finale was the best race I have seen in some time. We will definitly be back. Thanks again.

5 members like this post: billwill7, buck2, dirtnonwingfan, Jerry Shaw, opnwhlmnd
10/3/10, 10:27 PM   #6
mortboyz

I'll agree with the above, and add that the A-Main last night was one of, if not the best Midget race I've seen in 40 years of watching races.
The slicing and dicing by the top 5-7 cars during those first 30 laps was just unbelievable. And the best part was nobody touched each other!
With the season winding down, it was special to hang with a fabulous group before and after the races this weekend.

Thanks from here to the Gundakers and staff at Tri-City, USAC and POWRi for a great 3-day EVENT!!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
10/3/10, 11:14 PM   #7
darnall

All I can say is if i ever miss another midget race at Tri City I want each and every one of you to flant a foot in my butt.

Absolutely the best race I have seen in years. Quite possiblty the best I have EVER seen. Thought I was gonna cry when Buckwalter parked but I was too busy watching the rest of the top 5 continue to dog each other to miss Buck within seconds.

My favorite part of the night...50 midgets, 16 sprint cars...NO RED FLAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than a bent wheel and possibly a jacobs ladder in one of the sprint heats I don't think ANY equipment got torn up all night. Hell I think there were only 4 yellow flags the whole night.

My least favorite part....seeing one of the midgets TelTac before the reset button got pushed after one of the Semis....10,200 RPM.. good lord no wonder they have to rebuild those things so often.

Absolutely spectacular night of racing. I would say that track is too big for midgets but when you have that many cars of that caliber with that level of drivers the track is PERFECT!!!! I love it that so many cars were there because that allows the A to be full of guys who can handle that pace...hence the one quickie yellow in the 50 lapper.
Last edited by darnall; 10/3/10 at 11:18 PM. Reason: cause i goofed

2 members like this post: billwill7, buck2
10/3/10, 11:32 PM   #8
Hawker

It was indeed another awesome midget event at Tri-City Speedway, I think it's time to rename it to Slide Job City Speedway....INSANE! Not only were there no reds last night, the only red thrown for the midgets all week was for the fire in 1&2.

Also, for those who have not heard, the 2011 event will have nonwing sprints for all three nights.

It was also good to see Mr Mort again after such a long time and to also meet Brent.

I'm already looking forward to the next GCMN!!!!

10/3/10, 11:43 PM   #9
racefan20

It was a great race and a great weekend among friends. Absolutely on my must see races from now on. When they finally had a yellow around lap 30 I realized I had been holding my breath for the last 10 minutes. What a race!! Thanks for the tacos Morty, pretty tasty.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/3/10, 11:49 PM   #10
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post

Also, for those who have not heard, the 2011 event will have nonwing sprints for all three nights.

Was one of the best races I have seen in a long time! It is by far a must hit race every year on my calender!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Nationals