IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Henry Clarke to test Indy Lights Car
9/19/10, 4:19 PM   #1
Henry Clarke to test Indy Lights Car
BrandonW

2009 USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR JOINS DAVEY HAMILTON RACING
Henry Clarke tests his first Firestone Indy Lights Car in Kentucky

Davey Hamilton Racing announced USAC National Sprint Car Rookie of The Year Henry Clarke will be taking his career to the next level by securing his Rookie license driving the #32 Firestone Indy Lights car at Kentucky Speedway in September. Clark, a native of California, relocated to Indiana in May to race for Keith Kunz Motor Sports in the USAC National Midget and Sprint Car Series. He was awarded the USAC National Sprint Car Rookie of The Year Award in 2009 and continues to dominate in the Sprint Car and Midget Series.

Brandon Wagner, driver of the #32 car for Davey Hamilton Racing, stated “I am pleased to have someone of Henry’s stature in our Firestone Indy Lights car” Henry will have the chance to work with veteran engineer Darrell Soppe, seasoned mechanic Jimmy Pinkley, in car coaching by Brandon Wagner, and driver coaching by owner Davey Hamilton. Henry is optimistic about getting the opportunity to race at Miami/Homestead if it does not interfere with his current racing obligations.

For additional information, please email Brandon Wagner at brandonwagnerracing@yahoo.com or Brandon@brandonwagnerracing.com

9/19/10, 4:48 PM   #2
Re: Henry Clarke to test Indy Lights Car
TommyTipover

"...and continues to dominate in the Sprint Car and Midget Series."

Really???

3 members like this post: bowbuild, Jerry Shaw, mowerman
9/19/10, 5:02 PM   #3
racinround

Wonder how much $$$ he had to bring with him?

9/19/10, 5:19 PM   #4
Henry Clarke to Test Indy Lights Car...
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

More negativaty!!.. on yet another fine young Racer thats in Top 10 in ea. series,I believe...has won,n' just chasing his Dream!!...who.. now days is just handed a ride,in upper leagues, on their talent alone??...not very many!!...Best of Luck HC....

6 members like this post: badgerfan, Hclarke, jim goerge, Ricks Pics, Seadog, Shawn Harper
9/19/10, 6:33 PM   #5
Re: Henry Clarke to Test Indy Lights Car...
racinround

No negativaty here, just wondering what a deal like that goes for these days. How do you see that as "More negativaty!!.." Just askin' a question. Come in out of that Yuma heat & have a nice glass of ice tea & cool off my fellow Zonie...it's all good.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
9/19/10, 9:08 PM   #6
Henry Clarke to Test Indy Lights Car...
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

You got the heat part rite!!....but me out in it!!...Nah,not unless its at the track...like this coming w/e at Canyon...last w/e was in Phx ....week b4 that was in NorCal for wk,for USAC/CRA + Midgets at Calistoga!!....lota bigger shows comin up.....Can't wait for cooler weather at Oval Nat'ls,Western World,Turkey Nite then 'Copper on Dirt', onta Chile Bowl....where a few yrs theres been snow/ice on ground,but racin's indoors!!........

1 member likes this post:
9/20/10, 9:13 AM   #7
Seadog

This is great news for a deserving young man like Henry. He seems like a good kid with a bright future to me. I like Davey as he never forgets his roots. Good luck to all concerned!

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, jim goerge
9/20/10, 6:47 PM   #8
Scott Daloisio

Good for Henry. Best of luck with it.

9/20/10, 7:42 PM   #9
bowbuild

If he makes it to IRL or what ever they are now it will be a name I can pronounce!

9/21/10, 1:16 AM   #10
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTipover View Post
"...and continues to dominate in the Sprint Car and Midget Series."

Really???
Must not have been to the Pavement race he won! Or to the Usac race at Terre Haute???

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Henry Clarke to test Indy Lights Car