IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TRUCKER D (Offline)
  #1 8/2/10 5:49 PM
Is there no big sprint shows any where this month? Or is it all local shows? mscs? around indiana that is
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #2 8/2/10 6:07 PM
Originally Posted by TRUCKER D:
Is there no big sprint shows any where this month? Or is it all local shows? mscs? around indiana that is
Dick Gaines Memorial, Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints $2000 to win, Budweiser UMP Modifieds, AMSA Mini-Sprints

August 21, 2010

Event info: Tickets $15 for adults, kids 7-12 $7, 6 and under free, pit passes $30 all ages

pit gate opens at 4pm, grandstands at 5pm, hot laps at 6pm, racing at 7pm
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #3 8/2/10 6:09 PM
Waynesfield this Saturday and the free show @ Lawrenceburg Sunday.The other Big shows require some travel Knoxville,OSKY,TnT TOUR.
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #4 8/3/10 7:12 AM
Salem,August 14th, USAC Sprints and Must See Racing.

I know the MSR is a wing thing, but I caught a race on a local cable channel from Ohio and they put on a pretty good show.

I talked with Salem Speedway and they are expecting 25 MSR cars.

I will be there, it might just be a good time.
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #5 8/3/10 7:46 AM
Originally Posted by Dyno Don:
Salem,August 14th, USAC Sprints and Must See Racing.

I know the MSR is a wing thing, but I caught a race on a local cable channel from Ohio and they put on a pretty good show.

I talked with Salem Speedway and they are expecting 25 MSR cars.

I will be there, it might just be a good time.
I usually go out to Knoxville this time of year, but can't make it this year. I'm going to check out this show. Should be a good one with two series running.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 8/3/10 7:52 AM
Burg has a reg show this sat (HARF, DARF, BARC) Followed Sunday by the Mel Johnson Classic on sunday (Two Features per class) There was a great turnout for this race. Lets hope everyone comes back. The purse was pretty good)

Dick Gaines classic as mentioned before.

Charles Nungester
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #7 8/3/10 10:45 AM
USAC Sprints at Winchester on Sunday Afternoon August 22. If you have never been to Winchester it is well worth the trip....You can go there in the afternoon and hit Kokomo Sunday evening for a regular show.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
skids59 (Offline)
  #8 8/3/10 12:56 PM
POWERi @ Belle Claire Aug 11 , Macon Aug 20 Dana Godfrey memorial, Tri-city Aug 27 with $6000 to win 360 ASCS. I know it's not Indiana but they ought to be good ones.

Jeff Skidmore
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #9 8/3/10 2:10 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelKT:
I usually go out to Knoxville this time of year, but can't make it this year. I'm going to check out this show. Should be a good one with two series running.
Another plus, no support series. Just the old time cars.

Salem said they will run all the old time cars before racing starts and just a few will run when there is a little down time.l
PAW (Offline)
  #10 8/3/10 2:40 PM
USAC will be lucky if they get 12 cars for their pavement shows go somewhere else. Last year at Salem they only had 22 cars between the Sprints and Midgets.

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK