IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 5th Annual Mid-Season Doubler
7/17/10, 12:45 AM   #1
5th Annual Mid-Season Doubler
bni69

Gas City I69 will host the 5th Annual Mid-Season Doubler, sponsored by The Hastings Law firm. The Hastings Law firm will match the purse for all classes next Friday, doubling all payouts. Admission is same price - $12 for grandstand ages 13 and up, ages 12 and under when accompanied by a paying adult are free. Pit admission is $25. Current HARF and DARF members receive 50% off grandstand admission. Drivers are not required to have raced at Gas City so far this year to be eligible for the double pay out. Rain date for this event is July 30, 2010.

7/17/10, 12:55 AM   #2
Re: 5th Annual Mid-Season Doubler
3Cfan

No thanks............One of the worse tracks for being fan friendly that I've ever been to. But I hope all attendees have a good time!

1 member likes this post:
7/17/10, 9:30 AM   #3
kawkaw2

I disagree, this is one of the best tracks for being fan friendly. Just look at the stands on a regular night show and ask those of us that attend each and every week.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/17/10, 10:10 AM   #4
duel

one of the best weekly shows in the country. sounds like they could have used some more seating at the usac show though. our family has always been treated great by their staff. we will be at the Doubler on our way to Lincoln park the next night.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/17/10, 10:25 AM   #5
crp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cfan View Post
No thanks............One of the worse tracks for being fan friendly that I've ever been to. But I hope all attendees have a good time!
How many tracks when it rains out will stand outside in the rain and give back your money.Jiggs and crew have one of the best concessions around just wish they would not work the track all the time.We went to the Burg during ISW got in to the seats 2 hrs before hotlaps and just about all of the first 2-3 rows had blankets on them.We just went and found another seat elsewhere.Did not cry about it seen a lot of people get to the track after or during practice and try to get to the top row.It will not happen.Thanks to the Promoters who try and take care of the fans who are at all of your weekly shows.
Chuck

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, mowerman
7/17/10, 10:49 AM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

Double purse,and half the admission for HARF members. What a bargain!

7/17/10, 10:57 AM   #7
3Cfan

Wasnt trying to stir the pot. Everyone has their favorite places to go. My experience at Gas City was a negative, and the long drive there doesnt make it worth the trip for me. I'm not telling anyone not to go there, and will wear my Gas City shirt to help promote. I hope all you sprint fans who have not been there will give the track a try and decide for yourself.

7/17/10, 2:00 PM   #8
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crp26 View Post
How many tracks when it rains out will stand outside in the rain and give back your money.Jiggs and crew have one of the best concessions around just wish they would not work the track all the time.We went to the Burg during ISW got in to the seats 2 hrs before hotlaps and just about all of the first 2-3 rows had blankets on them.We just went and found another seat elsewhere.Did not cry about it seen a lot of people get to the track after or during practice and try to get to the top row.It will not happen.Thanks to the Promoters who try and take care of the fans who are at all of your weekly shows.
Chuck
Very well said. I will post an address next week to send a thank you to the Hastings, you do not have to but it would be nice to flood there mail box the following Monday after the race to let them know we appreciate everything they do for racing. Every race driver that hits the track will get twice what the normal payout was supposed to be, sounds like a deal to me. Hope to see you all next week, stop by and grab a new Josh Spencer tee shirt.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 5th Annual Mid-Season Doubler