IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Twin Cities Raceway Park (Offline)
  #1 7/6/10 8:51 PM
Vernon, IN - This Tuesday, July 13, 2010, Twin Cities Raceway Park will be holding thier second highest paying sprint race of the 2010 season, paying $3000 to the winner and $200 to start. The highest paying sprint race so far this season, was the Annual "No Way Out 40" which was won by none other than the great late Jesse Hockett. Also racing with the sprints will be the UMP Super Stocks and UMP Pure Stocks (please note this will be a points race for those divisions). With this race being held during the week, we will start just a little bit later giving those who have to work the chance to get there in enough time for some side by side, hammer down racing action...sprint car style!

Sprint Cars $3000 to win/$200 to start (please note sprints will be group qualifying and the tire rule is Hoosier DT3)
UMP Super Stocks
UMP Pure Stocks

Grandstand Admission - $15 (kids 12 & under free with paid adult)
Pit Admission - $30 (kids 12 & under $20 for pit admission)

Pit Gate Opens @ 4pm
Grandstands Open @ 4:30pm
Racing @ 7pm

For more information please visit the official home of Twin Cities Raceway Park at www.twincitiesracing.net

Track phone 812-346-4040

*Please note the website is not always updated on raceday, however, the track phone recording is updated immediately of any changes or cancellations. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

See You At The Races!
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE
  #2 7/6/10 9:08 PM
I'll be there
wildman92 (Offline)
  #3 7/6/10 9:16 PM
Us too!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #4 7/6/10 9:24 PM
Ill be in attendance behind the mic, Hope for a great turnout

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
MacTexas (Offline)
  #5 7/7/10 9:13 AM
It's on my calendar.
RedRacer07 (Offline)
  #6 7/7/10 12:40 PM
It is my plan as well. Would love to hear some drivers chime in.
coachmeece (Offline)
  #7 7/7/10 1:36 PM
I prolly be there too
mudplug (Offline)
  #8 7/7/10 10:58 PM
Can anyone tell me if the USAC drivers running for points are allowed to race at twin cities for this race?I thought I saw something about a USAC rule earlier this year that would keep them from competing in this event.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #9 7/7/10 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by mudplug:
Can anyone tell me if the USAC drivers running for points are allowed to race at twin cities for this race?I thought I saw something about a USAC rule earlier this year that would keep them from competing in this event.
I believe since Twin Cities does not have any USAC dates then the rule would apply. Saying that I would imagine it only really affects about 5-7 drivers who are in the running for the overall championship. If a driver like Robert Ballou who is running USAC races but not really in the running for the overall title it would not affect him at all to run there. Remember its only for the drivers trying to win the overall USAC title not those just running for the sprint title(or midget or SC for that matter).

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: Geoff Kaiser, jerrydt, mowerman
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #10 7/7/10 11:56 PM
Here's the top ten in points, for the National Drivers Championship 2K10:

1 Bryan Clauson 996
2 Jerry Coons Jr. 954
3 Tracy Hines 934
4 Levi Jones 900
5 Dave Darland 816
6 Henry Clarke 773
7 Shane Hmiel 746
8 Damion Gardner 722
9 Bobby East 620
10 Chris Windom 592

They're really the only ones that this rule could effect. But, they are all guys that you just wish were at every race you went to, though.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
3 Likes: jerrydt, mowerman, Seadog