IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mike Johnson LPS Flagman
6/23/10, 1:53 PM   #1
Mike Johnson LPS Flagman
D.O.

Mike Johnson the LPS flagman has posted on Facebook that he will not be flagging at LPS and that Brian Hodde will take his place.

1 member likes this post:
6/23/10, 2:31 PM   #2
Re: Mike Johnson LPS Flagman
Racer12

6/23/10, 5:38 PM   #3
racer58

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer12 View Post

6/23/10, 6:27 PM   #4
Hotshoe65s

Say what you want about Mike, but he was truly in it for the love of the sport. He gave up his paycheck every week to give the racers a dash for cash. I was fortunate enough to win one and he personally handed me his paycheck for the night. He is a great guy and I hope to see him around at LPS. Thanks Mike,
Dustin Shoulders

1 member likes this post: crawfordsville410fans
6/23/10, 10:00 PM   #5
dirtduster

I have no ill will towards anyone but when someone has a job and makes as many mistakes as him such as throwing the green flag with the yellow light on which I have seen him do many times and people are putting there lives on the line out there it's time for a change.THANK YOU LPS!!!

6/24/10, 2:30 AM   #6
k9mike

Kinda wondering how many have ever flagged before? or that not only do they wave flags around and turn lights on or off that don't work right (Stick up or down), but also keep track of the leaders and keep count of the laps all by themselves , and in your spare time try and watch four corners, two straightways, and up to 20 cars. People yelling lets go! we're running late, hurry!

Or maybe You should know I never asked to be a flagman , I was asked to, because the flagman never showed up. and the night had to go on! For the most part I enjoyed this task. and met many great people(racers and fans) I know my mistakes and believe me I was more upset with me then you were. and as far as lives on the line that has ALWAYS BEEN FIRST AND FOREMOST A PRIORITY OF MINE!

As far as I care Mr. Hotte can have being a flagman, and Hats off to him. You can't watch a race( which is what i enjoy doing), and someone always thinks your picking on them and only them. I grew up at LPS And wish them the Best of luck, I will enjoy sitting in the stands and watching.

Race on, Mike Johnson

6/24/10, 2:51 AM   #7
wolfracer69

mike i am sure col. tom sanders was hated by some and loved by others

6/24/10, 7:28 AM   #8
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfracer69 View Post
mike i am sure col. Tom sanders was hated by some and loved by others
wow im getting old heck yeah old tommy didnt take any chit either

6/24/10, 11:02 AM   #9
cope42

many improvements have been made in the last year not sure that this one is for the better , faster wreckers would be nice but its not my money so do as you please i'll still be there even if they bring the guy back that use to flag redhill now that was a guy to watch.

1 member likes this post: crawfordsville410fans
6/24/10, 12:04 PM   #10
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope42 View Post
many improvements have been made in the last year not sure that this one is for the better , faster wreckers would be nice but its not my money so do as you please i'll still be there even if they bring the guy back that use to flag redhill now that was a guy to watch.
ole harley:2:
yes need smaller and faster wreckers would speed it up ...i heard da took the small wreckers back....why do we need 60 ton semi wrecker...
Last edited by Wallsracing; 6/24/10 at 12:06 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mike Johnson LPS Flagman