IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JBallou (Offline)
  #1 6/18/10 11:37 PM
Finish Ballou, Shuman and Rilat.
11 Likes: Austin75, dirtnonwingfan, FishBurger, IndyBound, Jerry Shaw, jerrydt, MacTexas, mtek56, skids59, Sprint63122, TNRustler
Austin75 (Offline)
  #2 6/18/10 11:42 PM
Way to go Ballou!!
ImissAscot (Offline)
  #3 6/19/10 12:01 AM
Good run Ballou and Lil' Shu.......
okienonwingfan (Offline)
  #4 6/19/10 1:47 AM
Good racing all over the track in the feature.
USAC Fan
  #5 6/19/10 5:20 AM
John:

Can you explain Robert's reasoning for skipping 5 races within 2 hours of homebase for two races clear across the midwest from each other on back to back days?

I'd think it be better for Robert's future to support tracks that are going to support him, not a series that's on life support from year to year.
9racing (Offline)
  #6 6/19/10 6:11 AM
Originally Posted by USAC Fan:
John:

Can you explain Robert's reasoning for skipping 5 races within 2 hours of homebase for two races clear across the midwest from each other on back to back days?

I'd think it be better for Robert's future to support tracks that are going to support him, not a series that's on life support from year to year.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say hes running that series for the POINTS.. whether its sponsorship related or money related, who knows.. and more or less, why does it matter?? do you foot the bill for that team?? good job Robert, and Lil Shu..
5 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound, JCC, mtek56, skids59
LittleRube (Offline)
  #7 6/19/10 8:24 AM
G
John:

Really????

Congrats Robert!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
TeamCGR (Offline)
  #8 6/19/10 9:23 AM
John:

No offense USAC Fan but where Robert runs is his Business and his Father nor Robert owe anyone an explanation. If he wants to run School Buses at Ransomville, that is his prerogative.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Originally Posted by TeamCGR:
No offense USAC Fan but where Robert runs is his Business and his Father nor Robert owe anyone an explanation. If he wants to run School Buses at Ransomville, that is his prerogative.
I have to elaborate on this even further since its eating at me pretty good. Life Support? We have run the TNT for 3 years and there has not been 1 show we have run where the stands aren't PACKED. Emmett, Tommy and the whole ASCS group do a great job with this series even though it does run shows similar to USAC. No better, No worse; just different. And, for years Robert has been one of the stars of the TNT series and people come out to watch him run. Robert has been loyal to Emmett and vice versa for years. Saying the TNT is on life support is a little much. It is just a different series that is successful.

We run with both and enjoy both series. Each have their own stars and Robert is one of the few that is very good in both. I will leave it at that.

Pete Gulick
8 Likes: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, JBallou, jerrydt, mowerman, mtek56, Sprint63122, ThaBurgFan
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #9 6/19/10 10:42 AM
John:

I mean seriously, how long have you been following racing in this part of the country? Ballou runs that series just about every year. In fact, big wins in that series are what put him on the radar, in the first place. I just assumed that's where he'd be this weekend.

And congrats to him on the win!

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, JBallou
okienonwingfan (Offline)
  #10 6/19/10 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by TeamCGR:

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

I have to elaborate on this even further since its eating at me pretty good. Life Support? We have run the TNT for 3 years and there has not been 1 show we have run where the stands aren't PACKED. Emmett, Tommy and the whole ASCS group do a great job with this series even though it does run shows similar to USAC. No better, No worse; just different. And, for years Robert has been one of the stars of the TNT series and people come out to watch him run. Robert has been loyal to Emmett and vice versa for years. Saying the TNT is on life support is a little much. It is just a different series that is successful.

We run with both and enjoy both series. Each have their own stars and Robert is one of the few that is very good in both. I will leave it at that.

Pete Gulick
Pete,
I was there last night and once again the stands were full. Since Okc does not have a track anymore this was the closet the TNT series gets to me since I live in Okc. I saw numerous people from the Okc area that made the hour and half to two hour drive to Creek.

Fans were treated to a great show by all the drivers. Most of the fans I saw walking out at the end of the show had smiles on thier face. Which to me tells me that they were not disappointed.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

http://www.thrillerphoto.com/

IF you would like to see some highlights from the race.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, JBallou