IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at ORP
6/7/10, 9:11 AM   #1
USAC at ORP
cowboyhar69

USAC schedule shows sprint cars at O'Reily Raceway Park this Thursday June 10. Was wondering has there has been any advertising in the Indy area about this race? I know most people on IOW are dirt fans, but I haven't seen anything about this race at all. Is this race even going to happen?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

6/7/10, 9:34 AM   #2
Re: USAC at ORP
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
USAC schedule shows sprint cars at O'Reily Raceway Park this Thursday June 10. Was wondering has there has been any advertising in the Indy area about this race? I know most people on IOW are dirt fans, but I haven't seen anything about this race at all. Is this race even going to happen?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
I havent seen anyhing. They sure advertised the nite before the 500 but havent seen any for this one.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/7/10, 9:48 AM   #3
IndyBound

Good question Cowboyhar69, I have the same question about the USAC Silver Crown race at Oswego in August. Even my contacts that work in the Oswego Speedway office have no idea if that race will happend once again just like last year they don't have a signed contract yet. My best advise to you would be to call the USAC office or ORP to find out about that race. I have never found USAC to do much advance advertising for any of there races I have attended.

Patti

6/7/10, 11:12 AM   #4
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Spridge, where are you?

6/7/10, 11:20 AM   #5
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Good question Cowboyhar69, I have the same question about the USAC Silver Crown race at Oswego in August. Even my contacts that work in the Oswego Speedway office have no idea if that race will happend once again just like last year they don't have a signed contract yet. My best advise to you would be to call the USAC office or ORP to find out about that race. I have never found USAC to do much advance advertising for any of there races I have attended.

Patti
I think it is USAC's viewpoint that the advertising is the promoter's responsibility

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/7/10, 11:34 AM   #6
v8j

and that is wrong !!!!they need to be involved !
Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I think it is USAC's viewpoint that the advertising is the promoter's responsibility

2 members like this post: 767, IndyBound
6/7/10, 11:37 AM   #7
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 51

The race is on O'Raceway Parks oval schedule.
http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/ap...808&zoneid=150
And I think they mentioned the Sprint Car race over the PA at the Night B4 the 500.

6/7/10, 12:06 PM   #8
HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
and that is wrong !!!!they need to be involved !
How is this wrong? They are the PROMOTER for a reason, to PROMOTE the race. USAC is a sanctioning body.

6/7/10, 12:07 PM   #9
cowboyhar69

Keith,

When you click on the schedule on the track website, it shows this race and also Thursday night July1 for USAC sprints. When you click on the ticket info all that comes up is the night before the 500 midget and the Sliver crown race on July 22. How's someone suppose to know what the ticket prices are or anything else about this race? Is USAC promoting this race themselves?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
6/7/10, 12:14 PM   #10
v8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
How is this wrong? They are the PROMOTER for a reason, to PROMOTE the race. USAC is a sanctioning body.
not being involved is not working for usac or its members!they need to take charge and promote and advertise! doing nothing is not working.

3 members like this post: 767, IndyBound, Speedwrench
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at ORP