IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wind tunnel
5/31/10, 3:23 PM   #1
Wind tunnel
racer-x

Thanks Dave Despain for remembering your roots!! On probably the biggest circle track weekend of the year you avoided to say one word about the great race for the lead at the Action track,Shane Hmeil winning the Hoosier 100,Eric Gordon winning his 9th little 500 or even mention anything about all the sissy peneltys that were handed out at the Indy 500.
The motorcycle road race guy he interviewed about put me to sleep and the Scott Pruitt interview didnt seem that important on a weekend if you grew up in Indiana.
Dave was bragging at the end of the show how it was so nice not to mention nascar all night! Sure would have been a good night to talk about the real races and not just run a ticker tape at the bottom of the screen about all of it!

6 members like this post: dirtball, Eric C, Jimmydiesel, PIT CART, skids59, SprintManDave
5/31/10, 3:47 PM   #2
Re: Wind tunnel
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

He did give condolences to the Hockett family. Thats all the short track world he mentioned.

5/31/10, 4:07 PM   #3
REH24

I believe if you check his roots are from motorcyles, although most of us never heard of him until "Thursday Night Thunder" as pit reporter.

REH

5/31/10, 4:14 PM   #4
racer-x

Next week Robin Miller will be the host on the show as Despain is going on a motorcycle trip!

5/31/10, 4:21 PM   #5
skids59

I think they do a horrible job and rarely, if ever watch.I realize most, if not all programming is to attract advertising $$, but I would be curious to know how much money is spent by fans who attend weekly short track races through out the U.S.A., be it either pavement or dirt vs. the" big shows" which garner so much time on the tube. Would it make short track racing better if they were promoted as heavily as other forms racing?

5/31/10, 5:47 PM   #6
racefan20

He showed the highlights thats about as good as its gonna get.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/31/10, 6:25 PM   #7
SprintManDave

I used to watch it all the time, until they switched to mostly Nascar, and now I very seldom watch.The big money shows dominate Speed now.

5/31/10, 6:37 PM   #8
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

http://podcasts.speedtv.com/windtunn...cast_AUDIO.xml I'm not sure how to link to a podcast in iTunes, or if it's possible, but the entire audio of the show is always online.

@3:20 he talks about USAC for 30 seconds.
@42:28 he mentions Jesse Hockett.

I listen to the show at work every Monday (I'm in Canada, so I worked today). I can't be bothered to listen to my wife b#tch about me watching more racing after I've been gone all weekend.....

Besides the several hundred non Hoosiers on here, and a few Buckeyes, I would say the numbers are relatively low for who cares about the Little 500 and USAC outside of Indiana. I only say this as nobody at my local dirt track has any idea sprint cars don't have wings! I was on my phone at my local track getting twitter updates all night! Ryan Litt is a Canadian for those who didn't know.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 5/31/10 at 7:10 PM.

5/31/10, 6:45 PM   #9
eli2448

[QUOTERyan Litt is a Canadian for those who didn't know

Yeah People were saying he was from California at the Little 5. He is from Canada

5/31/10, 7:16 PM   #10
T&A Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH24 View Post
I believe if you check his roots are from motorcyles, although most of us never heard of him until "Thursday Night Thunder" as pit reporter.

REH
It would have been nice to get more exposure on the big weekend but that is correct that his roots were motorcycles. As a racer, AMA PR department, and so on.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wind tunnel