IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interested in mini sprints, any help greatly appreciated
5/4/10, 2:37 PM   #1
Interested in mini sprints, any help greatly appreciated
uk125250

Hi, I was interested in getting a mini sprint and was wondering if there are any places where you can practice before racing. I live in the Cincy area.

5/4/10, 2:52 PM   #2
Re: Interested in mini sprints, any help greatly appreciated
Wrenchman

Get a hold of Jason Meyers 765-413-8101. Jason Has joined Driven Team Management and is helping with the Jr. Sprints and 600cc Micros.
He has cars availible to rent and he also builds and sells 600cc micros and jr. sprint chassis.

1 member likes this post:
5/4/10, 2:59 PM   #3
Bill May

Waynesfield Raceway Park has practice on tuesday evenings, you can find info on their website, you can click on "Tracks" on the
www.midwestminisprints.com site, scroll down to the Waynesfield logo,
Paragon also, has practice available, Good luck with your racing.

Bill May

5/4/10, 3:20 PM   #4
Midget18

Do you have a car all ready? I might know someone that has a car they would possibly rent out for you to try it.

5/4/10, 7:30 PM   #5
uk125250

Thanks for the replies. I don't have a car yet. My brother and I are both interested in getting them. Do most people take quite awhile to get used to driving them? We both have backgrounds in motocross. I assume that would help in the transition to a car? Also, do most crashes result in major damage to the car?

5/4/10, 9:07 PM   #6
Moyer Rules

This Saturday, May 8, the MMSA (Midwest Mini Sprint Assoc.) will be racing at Twin Cities Raceway Park in Vernon, IN. It is a little over an hour or so from Cincy. The people that race with that organization are a great bunch of people and I am sure that any of them would be happy to talk with you in the pits.

5/4/10, 9:20 PM   #7
motorsportspr

We have a shop located just outside of Cincinnati in West Chester, Ohio that specializes in mini sprints. If you would like to stop out sometime we would be more than happy to show you around and give you a few tips on getting started. Our shop is called Speed Partz and can be reached online at www.speedpartz.com

5/4/10, 10:22 PM   #8
motsingerracing44

i have a car that i would be interesting in selling you it would be a great starter car if interested you can get a hold of me after 3 30 every day at 8126204235 thanx

5/6/10, 4:42 AM   #9
uk125250

Much appreciation for the replies. What is the cheapest I can get a competitive car for? Is the chassis more important than the engine, vice versa, or 50/50? I forgot to mention my brother and I are looking at the 1000 class.

5/9/10, 12:44 AM   #10
daveddorsett

Hello, I have a mini sprint for sale complete operation race ready. This car is fast and very clean newer car. Several spare parts, tires, wheels, gear sets, tools and everything ready to go racing. Selling do to health issue. 9500.00 obo for a 20,000.00 operation. Must sell if you are interested dave dorsett 317-372-1313

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

The car I have for sale is an 1000 cc mini sprint ran with AMSA and MMSA last season.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interested in mini sprints, any help greatly appreciated