IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #1 5/2/10 4:11 PM
Music will once again fill the historic grandstand at the Shelby County Fairgrounds on May 8th as the Midwest TQ Racing LeagueTM presented by Vincennes University makes the first of five scheduled appearances in Shelbyville, Ind. In addition to a full program of three quarter midget racing, Ginny Spillman returns by popular demand. Last season Ms. Spillman entertained the fans with her one woman show of the music of Patsy Cline. This year she will offer a program of Broadway show tunes and an encore of Patsy Cline music.

Also that evening the Vincennes University Aviation Center will have a display and the MTQRL will host students from several vocational programs in central Indiana.
Pit gate opens at 2:00 pm
Practice at 5:00 pm
Qualifying at 6:00 pm
Racing begins at 7:00 pm

Pit passes ~ $20
General admission ~ $8 adult (12 & over), $5 children
All cars will be required to pass through tech inspection before they will be allowed to practice and/or race. Inspections will start at 2:00 pm. Please get to the track early so all inspections can be completed prior to 5:00 pm.

For more information please visit www.mtqrl.com.
2 Likes: nowings4me, scooter99
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #2 5/3/10 9:36 PM
Any MTQRL owners and/or drivers that want to save a little time filling out paperwork at the track please go to:

http://www.mtqrl.com/article.php?ID=75

Copy and paste the MTQRL Information listed in the News File in your email. Then update with your team information and send. I will go ahead and fill out the announcer card for you. One less thing for you to do when you get to the track.

Thanks to the owners and drivers that have already responded.
3 Likes: nowings4me, scooter99, STP
TQ29m (Offline)
  #3 5/5/10 1:30 PM
I'd just like to invite those of you, who can't decide where else to watch some good racing this weekend, to come to Shelbyville, and watch the best in short track TQ racing, and, if you don't know what a TQ Midget is, now will be a good time to find out, and listen to an awfully good singer and entertainer during a couple of breaks, that is if the weather person co-operates! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
STPHusband (Offline)
  #4 5/5/10 4:08 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
I'd just like to invite those of you, who can't decide where else to watch some good racing this weekend, to come to Shelbyville, and watch the best in short track TQ racing, and, if you don't know what a TQ Midget is, now will be a good time to find out, and listen to an awfully good singer and entertainer during a couple of breaks, that is if the weather person co-operates! Bob
Bob don't forget about one of the greatest voices in motorsports, The Gary Lee.
midgetracer (Offline)
  #5 5/5/10 8:17 PM
3 wide, run what you brung, pure entertainment can't wait!!!
STPHusband (Offline)
  #6 5/6/10 7:54 AM
In cooperation with one of MTQRL's newest racing partner's, the IZOD Indy Car Series, drivers and race fans alike will have a chance to win tickets to qualifications for this year's Indianapolis 500. The run for the pole will be Saturday, May 22 and bump day on Sunday, May 23.
STP (Offline)
  #7 5/7/10 12:33 PM
Midwest TQ Racing LeagueTM presented by Vincennes University was featured on the WSVX morning radio show today. MTQRL marketing director Gary Lee discussed Saturday's racing event and the exciting forthcoming season on the Shelbyville, Indiana radio station.

Also, see an article about MTQRL on ShelbyNews.com.

May the rain stay away and the weatherman be wrong about the temperature.

nowings4me (Offline)
  #8 5/7/10 9:05 PM
Well, yet another great reason to get to Shelbyville tomorrow. Qualification tickets are a great thing for some lucky fan. Especially given the new format at the Speedway this year. They have a very competitive field of cars this season, and I can't wait to get there myself. Two days of qualifying should really be exciting to say the least. I would love to be able to say that it won't rain on Saturday and it will be 80 degrees, but I just know that if you make the effort to get there, and the weather cooperates even a little, you will see some great racing !! The folks that prep that track give 100%, and I know the drivers, owners and crews are ready to get going for another exciting season of fun, yet competitive racing action. We have several new drivers that plan to be with us this season, and I can't wait to get started. Bring an extra jacket, or whatever you need to stay warm, and come enjoy an evening of great racing at a great venue, and Ginny Spillman will entertain you as well. Hope to see you there, and don't forget the chance to win the tickets.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #9 5/8/10 10:02 AM
Well, Meeester Flagger, looks like we might just get to race tonight, gonna be cool, just hope the wind lays early, I'm not sure everyone will know how to act, actually getting to turn some laps, hope Mr Gary Lee hasn't forgotten too many names, but he has instant recall, so he should be OK. Guess we'll see ya all after while, bundle up! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
nowings4me (Offline)
  #10 5/8/10 10:55 AM
It will be chilly for sure, but I'm glad we can hear some race cars and smell some alcohol fumes. Gonna bring lots of clothes with me, for sure. See ya there.