IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Hoosier Highbanks (Offline)
  #1 4/30/10 12:04 PM
Sorry if this has been already been talked about.

I see on Twin Cities website they are having a $3,000 to win Sprint Car event on Tuesday, July 13. Sounds like a non-USAC event during one of the off-days of Sprint Week.

Do you think this will produce a good car count and fan turnout?
dshort36 (Offline)
  #2 4/30/10 1:16 PM
car count should be good....... should have been a usac sanctioned race. the guy was good enough to give them a midget race at the last minute when they approached him and would not give him a sprintweek race.....
racefan20 (Offline)
  #3 4/30/10 1:33 PM
Originally Posted by dshort36:
car count should be good....... should have been a usac sanctioned race. the guy was good enough to give them a midget race at the last minute when they approached him and would not give him a sprintweek race.....
Last I heard was that the other track promoters have to agree on adding a track to sprintweek so it may not be on USAC

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
RedRacer07 (Offline)
  #4 4/30/10 1:39 PM
I think fans want a race at N. Vernon. I do not recall one negative post about past sprint week races at the facility.
Hoosier Highbanks (Offline)
  #5 4/30/10 1:53 PM
Sounds like if it's USAC Race or not it will be well worth the time to attend this race. Hope to see a bunch of the fans at Twin Cities.
quicktime3 (Offline)
  #6 4/30/10 2:24 PM
Pretty sure USAC put on that midget race themselves?

If a track isn't willing to book a non-Sprintweek race, and doesn't want to pay a full USAC purse, then I guess that explains it all...