IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rimrida35 (Offline)
  #1 4/19/10 11:39 PM
In-Car from Daron Clayton at I-55. Thanks to Daron and crew for letting me put it on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZvRnR-tsa8
kylenap@yahoo.com (Offline)
  #2 4/20/10 1:03 AM
That proves the adage of "You got to go right to go left". Nice vid.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #3 4/20/10 8:40 AM
Is he on the track by himself?? I see no other cars?? Oh, yeah, this was an Outlaw show...........My bad.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #4 4/20/10 6:21 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Is he on the track by himself?? I see no other cars?? Oh, yeah, this was an Outlaw show...........My bad.
I like the video but it was surprising that he didn't gain ground on anybody and nobody came up behind him.
Wingman (Offline)
  #5 4/20/10 8:10 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Oh thats right Jerry Coons could not see the guy who finished second at the burg Saturday night....Oh thats right it was a USAC race.

If you have to be negative...Shut up!
tjcain58 (Offline)
  #6 4/20/10 9:31 PM
He does have a point. Most winged races are follow the leader due to the washout the wings cause. Plus sprint cars can get real close side by side( see shu at lps) without hitting wings.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wingman (Offline)
  #7 4/21/10 7:48 AM
Originally Posted by tjcain58:
He does have a point. Most winged races are follow the leader due to the washout the wings cause. Plus sprint cars can get real close side by side( see shu at lps) without hitting wings.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have seen many non-wing shows that were follow the leader as well. Saturday night at the burg. Yes great racing in the back no question about it. Jerry Coons sit on the pole led wire-to-wire..."Follow the Leader."

I just get tired of the same ol crap. My racing is better than yours...I like elbows up non-wing and wing racing dirt.
Rimrida35 (Offline)
  #8 4/21/10 11:33 AM
now im a non wing sprint and I run a midget myself with POWRi but the feature at Pevely on Sat night was a great race. Im not usually one to stick up for wing racing, but seeing Jac Haudenshild on the top, and Brad Sweet and Sammy throwing slide jobs, and not even noticing Saldana on the bottom come out of no where and win it, with Jason Sides in tow made for one heck of a race. If they could get another race at Pevely for the midgets that would be great. Or do a co sanction with USAC and POWRi and do a sprint and midget race that would be cool. Just my thought

Tyler Robbins
petey (Offline)
  #9 4/21/10 10:32 PM
There's some people here that say they won't go to Pevely because Schrader has never scheduled any wingless races there. As much as I too would love to see a USAC race there, I say it's their loss because they have missed out on some terrific outlaw shows over the years. Sat. night's race was a good one esp. after that first restart when Haud brushed the wall while leading with 15 to go. It was a mad dash after that.
Pitstooge (Offline)
  #10 4/21/10 10:42 PM
It's a shame the in car is so deceiving. That joint has a lot of banking to it! Looks like old Kokomo from the video!

Last time I can remember non-wing cars there was the Fall Classic several years ago when un-sanctioned non-wingers were the support group for the WoO's. Must have been sometime around '99 or '00. Great show, great track, especially since we led a bunch of laps between Friday and Saturday. Didn't win either night, but ran pretty good! :2: