IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Kind of: Monster Trucks
2/8/10, 9:59 AM   #1
OT Kind of: Monster Trucks
suade82

I have seen the Monster Trucks at shows and on TV. After really looking at the trucks it dawned on me what was missing. None of the trucks have any sponsors on them. I know who sponsors all of the drivers in NASCRAP, but in Monster Trucks, I know the name of the truck. They go out and trash these vehicles so I know it cannot be cheap. My question is where are they getting their money? Do they get paid good just to show up? Whatever is working for them, why arent other forms of motor sports following?

2/8/10, 10:24 AM   #2
Re: OT Kind of: Monster Trucks
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

They do 2-4 shows a week if not more, at least 100-150 a year with 2-4 drivers. The bigger teams go to Europe. Tickets are 20-130. They sell a bazillion shirts. They wreck stuff. They are huge. There isn't 2-3 tracks running them in the state of Indiana on any given Saturday night in the summer. Most of the driver/owner also own another company. I'm sure that like racing it's one of those things that you sometimes doubt why you are doing it.

2/8/10, 3:11 PM   #3
Re: OT Kind of: Monster Trucks

Actually most of the trucks you see are owned by the promoter. Basically the only monster trucks you see on TV are Monster Jam. All of the big named trucks are owned by Monster Jam or Feld Entertainment. There are like 7 different Grave Diggers running each weekend. 2 Mad d's, 2 blue thunders, 3 el toro locos, 4 monster mutts and on and on. They are starting to put some sponsors on the trucks (grinder sponsored by Advanced), but not much. Several of the independant trucks have sponsors on them. if you were at the indy show you noticed the Equalizer truck sponsored by Lucas Oil. Bounty hunter for years was sponsered by CSC. The 2 dodge trucks were sponsored by chrysler. most of the smaller arena shows, showcase trucks with sponsors. One other major factor with monster trucks is the fact that they do not race for a purse. They have a set amount that they preform for. Thus in the past several of these events were riged, thats why monster trucks have a bad name in the racing industry. I can tell you of all the show I have worked for MJ, never once have i herd them set anything up in racing.

2/8/10, 9:19 PM   #4
JSBH03

I took my 4y/o son to the show in Indy. He loved it. I can speak to one thing. My son got a t-shirt, El-Toro Loco pennant, and Grave Digger hat and I spent a lot of money! My son was disappointed that Grave Digger got to do nothing in free-style. Wish they would have let him start over.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by JSBH03; 2/8/10 at 9:20 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Kind of: Monster Trucks