IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where did you end up in 2009?
1/8/10, 6:17 PM   #1
Where did you end up in 2009?
BrentTFunk

I know this is a little late, but I just finished tallying my 2009 race count. I know I am nowhere near Andrew Quinn, Spridge, Mowerman or Areo, but felt I had a pretty good year. Just wondering where everyone else ended up. I ended up with 76 races in 8 states. My count was helped by very few rainouts and 2 tracks within 35 miles of my house. Let me know how you did.

1/8/10, 7:01 PM   #2
Re: Where did you end up in 2009?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

4 states 52 races, only one was non sprint. Count up the 15 rainouts I had schedualed........

Pretty good for me, My traveling all over the country days were in the 80s

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
1/8/10, 7:06 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Down a little bit this year but still managed to hit 75 races in 6 states. A real good year as I mentioned in another thread. Looking forward to 2010.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/8/10, 7:19 PM   #4
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Had real good year .We had 105 races , only 5 rain outs . 3 at haubstad . 27 different tracks . 8 states . also 4 new tracks .

1/8/10, 8:27 PM   #5
smith19

can't wait till i retire.....

1/8/10, 8:47 PM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

I'm off a bit from 2008 when I made my goal of 100 races. I didnt count this last year,but I must have been to at least 90 or so in 9 states.

My work schedule is not conducive to being a race fan so many nights I didnt get much sleep with a 4am work time start. Many nights I just drove to work and slept in the parking lot for a couple hours if I was lucky,and one night just 40 minutes after a late night in Macon.Indiana Sprintweek was pretty sleepless as well. Trying to catch up on sleep each afternoon also cut into social time.

New tracks for me included 34 Raceway in West Burlington Iowa,which I went to from Bloomington Speedway,(about a 6 hour drive) and a rainout there early in the afternoon. Also checked out the weekly non wing races at Rock Rapids in Iowa,a couple days before they rained out for the TnT race there. While up in that neck of the woods I stopped in to Jackson Minnesota for their weekly 360 winged races for something different. Also got to a couple of fairgrounds tracks here in Indiana for the MTQRL 3/4 midget races that were held on weeknights.

All in all Indiana isnt a bad place to live if you wanna go see a lot of races.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 1/8/10 at 9:32 PM.

1/8/10, 8:55 PM   #7
Danny Burton

Only 41 this year. Down from the usual 60-70. Between my mom's illness and my wife's ongoing medical issues the total was lower.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

1/8/10, 9:07 PM   #8
tqracer65

Hit up 41 races at 8 different tracks in Indiana Ohio and Florida. Not to bad being on a college budget but helps being on the schools race team thats for sure lol. Only down side was only 1 nonwing and 3 midget races. Lots of 360's and world of outlaws 7 nights.

1/8/10, 9:14 PM   #9
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Not enough BTF! My "highlight" of 2009 was to be the TNT tour, but after driving all the way to Rock Rapids, it was rained out, but wait a minute the dude there said at eleven in the morning the Knoxville Nationals were rained last night, so our crowd will be down tonight, its too wet here to race.Hmmm.Ass^&(#. On to Lincoln which was great, except for the Demon getting burnt That place paid off in $2.00 bills,how neat. Then to State Fair Speedway, that place is great, glad I got to see a race there.
Sapalpa was next, same guy says yes we are racing tonight, not. On to KC & Lakeside, this made the trip worthwhile, got to spend time with alot of teams,owners, and to see some great racing.
Think we might do the eastern USAC swing this year, time will tell. All in all anytime I can watch sprint cars race on dirt and visit with friends is a plus

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/8/10, 9:55 PM   #10
cmakin

Three states, 17 different tracks and 59 "events" I am including practices in those and qualifying (at IMS). There were some nights that I was able to shoot at two different tracks. We had a whole bunch of rain outs in the late summer/fall. My travel for the ol' day job put the screws to some racing, too. The only WoO sprint car appearance in Houston happened when I was out in Istanbul and I missed some others while I was offshore. Eh, it happens. Good thing I like the day job, it does allow me to afford my racing. Believe me. Taking pictures won't do it. But I like that as much as my day job.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where did you end up in 2009?