IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #1 11/28/09 2:09 PM
I have a small issue with USAC IN regaurds to their commitment to all the teams that support them. I feel that USAC could have done a better job of celebrating Brad K's championship after Turkey night. The committment these drivers,crews owners put in for your series USAC is amazing. The long hours ,long miles and ALL the money they do deserves more that what the Champion of your series got last Thur. night. I know their is going to be a banquet where more will be done but that was pathetic USAC. I love the webcast you provide ,but it could have been a little less bias towards Brad Sweet. Brad is a great little racer , but your announcers had their head up so far up his arss it was scary. Was it because Brad drove for the almighty KK I have to wonder because of the treatment they receive at some of your events. KK is leaving your series USAC , so why don't you take care of those who are coming back next yr? USAC,you are on the right track AND I will be there to support you , but realize their are teams and fans watching how you take care of those who support you.
quicktime3 (Offline)
  #2 11/28/09 3:20 PM
Unfortunately, everyone had to deal with the announcer who was up there sharing time with Rob Klepper. The guy was terrible.

I agree, though, that you would usually see them bring the car and entire team to the frontstretch. I know they had a little ceremony with Kuhn, but then I also think that LugNutz guy didn't even know who Kuhn was or something. As with the whole Turkey Night event, there are too many people who get on the microphone and blab about nothing. If USAC would be smart enough to keep the mic in Klepper's hands up top and have a regular infield reporter (such as WoO's Tony Veneziano), maybe we wouldn't have these problems. If I go to USAC races next year and find out that they lost Klepper, I'm going to be irate. Nothing against all the regular track announcers, but in my opinion, Klepper blows them all out of the water and is a great asset to the series. If they're not smart enough to keep him and use him, then shame on them...
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #3 11/28/09 4:11 PM
Originally Posted by quicktime3:
Unfortunately, everyone had to deal with the announcer who was up there sharing time with Rob Klepper. The guy was terrible.

I agree, though, that you would usually see them bring the car and entire team to the frontstretch. I know they had a little ceremony with Kuhn, but then I also think that LugNutz guy didn't even know who Kuhn was or something. As with the whole Turkey Night event, there are too many people who get on the microphone and blab about nothing. If USAC would be smart enough to keep the mic in Klepper's hands up top and have a regular infield reporter (such as WoO's Tony Veneziano), maybe we wouldn't have these problems. If I go to USAC races next year and find out that they lost Klepper, I'm going to be irate. Nothing against all the regular track announcers, but in my opinion, Klepper blows them all out of the water and is a great asset to the series. If they're not smart enough to keep him and use him, then shame on them...
Brad dickerson would be a good announcer as well ,we will see
sprntr (Offline)
  #4 11/29/09 1:53 PM
Originally Posted by midgetmaniac:
I have a small issue with USAC IN regaurds to their commitment to all the teams that support them. I feel that USAC could have done a better job of celebrating Brad K's championship after Turkey night. The committment these drivers,crews owners put in for your series USAC is amazing. The long hours ,long miles and ALL the money they do deserves more that what the Champion of your series got last Thur. night. I know their is going to be a banquet where more will be done but that was pathetic USAC. I love the webcast you provide ,but it could have been a little less bias towards Brad Sweet. Brad is a great little racer , but your announcers had their head up so far up his arss it was scary. Was it because Brad drove for the almighty KK I have to wonder because of the treatment they receive at some of your events. KK is leaving your series USAC , so why don't you take care of those who are coming back next yr? USAC,you are on the right track AND I will be there to support you , but realize their are teams and fans watching how you take care of those who support you.
They snubbed Bud Kaeding after he clinched the SC Championship at Eldora, too! Hell, they barely acknowledged it on USACracing.com. Guess they thought that they could maintain some interest in the pavement race at Phoenix by concealing the fact that the championship run was over.
dirtywhiteboy
  #5 11/29/09 2:40 PM
Now guys, there is alot of negativity towards USAC in this thread. Be careful or you will get people to start crying about it and say you are taking cheap shot's at USAC and we know we can't voice any concern or complaint against USAC.
quicktime3 (Offline)
  #6 11/29/09 3:29 PM
Some of us can criticize with a little bit of sense, and knowledge of the subject.

Actually, I think it makes complete sense to wait until the final race to celebrate a championship. It's always been that way. He didn't get "snubbed"...they gave him the full deal at Phoenix. And at least he's getting paid what was promised these days!! haha

Maniac, his name is Brad DICKISON, and I disagree. I think he's struggled at the local tracks in Indiana.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #7 11/29/09 3:33 PM
I think a response from a USAC would be... We have an annual awards banquet to celebrate the accomplishments of our drivers, teams, etc. etc.

Of course, that is just my guess.

midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #8 11/29/09 5:59 PM
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy:
Now guys, there is alot of negativity towards USAC in this thread. Be careful or you will get people to start crying about it and say you are taking cheap shot's at USAC and we know we can't voice any concern or complaint against USAC.
I will critique USAC only to try to make them better and make them aware of things that they may not see. They are the big dog on the block so I look to work with them not against them. I will say that maybe USAC try putting an awards commitee together to celebrate their 4 div. champions. I will complain ,but I am also willing to jump in, Usac what do you need done? :38:
Kevin Miller (Offline)
  #9 11/29/09 7:46 PM
Of course we appreciate constructive feedback. A USAC Championship is a very meaningful experience and you are correct they should be honored and celebrated. At Phoenix, we recognized Bud Kaeding after the race with the traditional Champions celebration. At Perris, we recognized Levi Jones for the Sprint Championship he clinched. And at Irwindale, we not only recognized Brad Kuhns Midget Championship, we also celebrated Championships in the Western Sprints, Western Midgets and Ford Focus National series.

On January 8th, our annual "Night of Champions will honor all the USAC Championships of 2009. For those fortunate to have attended this past January, this is truly a special evening. Our new Champions start the evening in the "Champions Pub" with all prior USAC Champions invited to a pre-event cocktail reception.

Along with a $350,000 points fund for all USAC Divisions, our Championship Drivers AND Owners will receive special Champion USAC Medallions, a tradition we started with every victory in 2009. Our Champions will also receive a special edition Oakley chronograph, recognizing their 2009 Championship. We also have special custom trophies for our Champions.

Invitations for our banquet will go out to all USAC members next week. Please plan on attending for a special and memorable evening!
v8j (Offline)
  #10 11/29/09 9:04 PM
Thank you Kevin for taking the time to let us know.