IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Street legal indy car picture
10/25/09, 2:11 PM   #1
Street legal indy car picture
terrehautian

Double seater no less. Was in the Indiana State homecoming parade yesterday.

10/26/09, 10:42 AM   #2
Re: Street legal indy car picture
RichC

on a somewhat related note, this drove up at last Saturday's Cars N Coffee gathering. Yes, it's real.

10/26/09, 12:02 PM   #3
Seadog

The street legal IndyCar has been around several years. It's used as a publicity/promotional tool for IndyCar. Usually an IndyCar driver will take a local celebrity to work or the like when the IndyCar is in town for a race. I recall seeing it last year in downtown Chicago.

It midght be maintained by Sinden, but don't quote me on that. I'm not 100% sure.

10/26/09, 12:43 PM   #4
illinisprintfan

I would love to take that to the BMV for taking the road test portion of getting my driver's license. Just the look on the examiner's face would be worth it.:2:

10/27/09, 12:03 AM   #5
r_harper

Yes, that car is owned, operated and maintained by Sinden Racing Service. There are two like that one and they are both standard dallara's converted to two seaters. They use them for various marketing and promotional events. I'm glad I can say I have a lot of Indy car seat time except that it is in a two seater with a motorcycle engine. It's fun to drive except that it has a turning radius that's worse than a 4 wheel drive one ton ford, and if you see a speed bump it gives you a panic attack.

10/27/09, 10:30 AM   #6
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Also, SRS is who Steve Kinser and J.J. Yeley drove for at Indy in '97 and '98 when they used to field a team.

10/27/09, 10:58 AM   #7
ChaseTheRace!

The other two seater IndyCar was at IUPUI motorsports day on September 9th. They were offering $10 dollar rides through the streets of Indianapolis, and also through the IUPUI campus streets. The ride was about 10 minutes long and well worth it.

10/27/09, 8:12 PM   #8
VaDirt

Speaking of street legal...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Street legal indy car picture