IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Texan (Offline)
  #1 10/21/09 2:14 PM
This section may not get as much traffic as the sprint board but the question is more modified related so I’m putting it here. I'm a racer and this will play into my decision. I'm contemplating a move to Indiana. I'm being asked to apply for a pretty high level position in an associated company I work for but it would mean a move to Indiana from Texas. There are a lot of things we are considering and obviously racing is not at the very top of the list, but it is in our blood and something we need to consider as well.

We race an outlaw modified, kind of USMTS rules, down here in the Dallas area. What tracks in Southern Indiana have similar rules and what tracks run a good program? I'm also a huge non wing sprint car fan so moving to IN would be a big plus for us.

Also, my 9 year old son races a quarter midget in a go kart class down here (use Briggs engines and run wings on the karts) and we would like to know what 1/4 midget options are around the area?

Thanks
JordanBlanton (Offline)
  #2 10/21/09 3:20 PM
As far as I know, all the tracks in the Indiana area are UMP modified tracks. Here's the list I can think of off the top of my head.

Friday nights:
Bloomington Speedway
Gas City Speedway
Thunder Valley Speedway (in Salem)
Chandler Motor Speedway (I think; close to Evansville)

Saturday nights:
Brownstown Speedway
Twin Cities Raceway (in North Vernon)
Lawrenceburg Speedway
Kamp Motor Speedway (if they're still open; haven't really followed the rumor mill)
Lincoln Park Speedway (in Putnamville)

Special shows at Tri-State (close to Evansville, in Haubstadt)

I may have missed a few. I know Bloomington runs a good, tight program, and the 2 times I was in the pits at Lincoln Park things ran smoothly. I can't speak for any of the other tracks as far as the pit side goes. At least a few of the tracks have payouts posted online (I know Bloomington & Lawrenceburg do).
zeroracer (Offline)
  #3 10/21/09 9:09 PM
http://www.mini-indy.org/ is the Indianapolis track, some members on the sprint section would probably more than happy to help.

The competition within southern indiana ranks right up there with any in the country. Let us now if there is any other questions we at this board can help with.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #4 10/21/09 10:02 PM
we will welcome you and your family to come to indiana. we our a big racing family and enjoy great racing on all the great dirt track racing in indiana .
Texan (Offline)
  #5 10/22/09 11:32 AM
Thanks y'all.